Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Vova received the Melchezidek priesthood - so much fun to go to Illichovsk!

Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 4:14 AM
Hey everyone thanks for the letters from dad, mom, and Natalie. I hope you all had a nice spring vacation. A quick shout out of thanks to everyone who has been helping me with housing and classes for BYU. It is so nice to not have to worry about anything. You are all awesome! also Happy birthday Mom. I can't believe you are 39..... ;)

So this week was awesome. We met with some aweosme people. Two of them S...... and C.... They are younger guys. We contacted C..... about three weeks ago and he said he was having a tough life and that his girl left him and his friends are lame. He was about to walk away when I said "This will help." He stopped and came back. We met with him this past week and he is really searching for the truth. S........ has a similar story, two weeks ago we ran into him on the street and talked to him. At our lesson this week he said at least three times "Something you said interested me." I asked if he wanted to change his life and he said, "Not just change it I want to know if someone is watching over me." We bore sweet testimony to him and the spirit was really strong. Please pray for these people as they both have very difficult schedules and that we will be able to meet with them.

As for I... and V...... we had to drop their dates. I..... has fallen off the earth and hasn't answered his phone. V....... is cool but couldn't come to church this week and we couldn't meet with him all last week because he was in Moscow. But we will be meeting with him this week. It has been so great to be teaching so many prepared people. To answer some questions we have just been contacting a lot lately. We have had a lot of success doing it so we haven't put a ton of effort into other finding methods. Although I have taught Elder Pace to tract and he loves it. He had only gone one time before. Also with the activities with the members. I am going to wait until my wounds from meet the missionary night heal before I start in on anything else... haha but we are trying to work well with the branch council.

Yesterday I went down to Illichovsk. It was so much fun to go down there. I went down to be there when Vova received the Melchezidek priesthood. It was so much fun to see all of the members at once. They are all so awesome. Also the missionaries there had a baptism on Saturday so the man received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was so much fun to be there when Vova got the Priesthood. He is awesome. 

Well that was my week. I love you all a ton.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment