Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mormon Night was a Success!

letter from May 20

Well first of all Happy Birthday to dad! I can't believe you are 75.... :) it seems just like yesterday the wheel was invented... haha. I sent you a card a little late but I hope you get it soon. So last week I bought a suit. It looks pretty nice, I will put up some photos of it next week. Thanks for the early birthday gift.

Well to begin with mormon.org night was a pretty good success. We had about 20-30 people come and almost all commited to making a profile. We started out by watching the videos of the mormons in Russia. I could tell a lot of them liked it a lot. Then we shared our conversion stories while showing our profiles that we have made. We talked about what a good way this is to share the Gospel and to show everyone that we really are normal. Then we listened to Elder Nelson's conference talk a couple of years ago about using mormon.org and other websites to share the Gospel. Now we just need to follow up with everyone to make sure they make one. 

Well this week was very slow with investigators. In fact only one lesson. But it was an awesome lesson. Arina continues to progress at an amazing rate. We had a sister with us from the Relief Society and she was very impressed by her understanding of the scriptures. We taught the Word of Wisdom and we came to find out she has already been living it for the past two months beacuse Lena her friend in the church gave her a "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet. But not a lot of progress with her mom as she is taking it slow in informing her of her interest with the church.

So this next week we will be getting transfer info. I am pretty sure that I will be staying but we will see. It is pretty werid though. There are 4 Elders from my MTC group going home next week as 3 of them have to make it back in time for the Air Force. There are also two Elders in my district who are 1 transfer older than me going home next week. There are 23 missionaries going home next week and when I go home only 4. I will be the oldest missionary along with one other, Elder Welch. I can't believe it. 

Anyways dad asked me if I could pick one scripture for my mission statement what would it be? I will give it some thought this week and write about it next week. 

Well that is about it for my week. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment