This week was a nice week. I said good bye to Elder Pace but got to meet my new companion Elder Peterson. He is really cool. He is a little more quiet but is a great missionary. We have been speaking Russian between each other for about 3 hours a day. Not a bad start. He was adopted when he was 11 to an American Family. He and his younger sister who was 9. He doesn't seem to like to talk about it a ton so I don't ask too much. But all of the members could tell he is Russian. He is going to be really fun to serve with.
I spoke yesterday in church. Elder Detro from the other companionship soke as well. He spoke on Humility and then there was a rest Hymn of "As I have loved you" I then spoke about Loving our neighbors. I hope the members here got the message... haha hopefully it hit pretty hard. There just seems to be a lot of hard feelings between members right now. Not really sure how to help. They are good people. My talk went well. Again I just hope that the members will take it into their own lives.
This week as far as investigators goes no one came to church which was unfortunate. But we have some people we have our eyes on. We will get referrals if it kills us. There is one man who has been coming for like 2 months because his girlfriend is a member. Long story short this family doesn't like the missionaries so she told us to leave him a lone. But I was talking to him yesterday and he said he has read to 2 Nephi 22. So sorry but we are meeting with him. I don't care what the girl says. :) Also this man from English is really cool. We offered him personal English and he came and we talked a lot about the church and life. Apparently he is looking for a church for he and his wife. So I think he came to the right place. The Calvins, the senior couple are going to invite him and his wife over for dinner and also invite us so that will be really cool.
So I hope all of you had an opportunity to invite someone to FHE. This weeks challenge is for Hannah. So There is a 16 year old girl who comes to all of the activities and sometimes to church. Her sister was baptized 8 months ago and her sisters roommate was baptized 4 months ago. She knows the church is true but her friends are swaying her the other way. Could you send me your testimony just for here and I will translate it. Our companionship isn't working with her but I have had this impression to do this twice now so I better not ignore it. Thanks!! Her name is Larissa.
Well that is it for me this week.
Love you all
Love Edler Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment