Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Thursday, May 9, 2013

tough week with investigators .... General Conference was awesome!


Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 3:11 AM

 Well I am staying here in Center but Elder Pace is going up to Kiev. It was really fun serving with him. I am sad he is leaving. My new companion is Elder Peterson. All I know of him so far is he was born in Russia and then adopted when he was 11 or 12. He speaks Russian perfectly so I am really looking forward to pushing myself further with him in the language. I was also made District Leader again. We also added a companionship into the district who will travel to a small group 3 hours away every week. So we will have 4 companionships in the district. It will be a challenge as there are now three different branches that we cover. 

This week was a struggle. Most of our really cool investigators have just fallen away. We are still in contact with a couple of them but the desire has faded. It was a tough week. But I am confident with the ones we have we can help them gain more faith. I spoke with C....  last night and he seemed happy to meet. Also S.... said he would meet this week so hopefully we can find some time to meet. We also have A..... and M...... but they are interesting in the sense that they really want to be baptized but won't do anything we ask them to do... so we will see about them.

This past weekend we were able to watch General Conference it was awesome!!! The talks were so good. Elder Holland's was amazing as I could really feel him speaking to me. Also Elder Bednar's was really cool as he ties the Law of Chastity into the Plan of Salvation. I am looking forward to reading all of their talks again. I have grown a deep love for the Apostles and Prophet since being on my mission. I really love General Conference. 

So this week was an exciting adventure. We were assigned to go apartment hunting for the new companionship of Elders. We had to work through a lot of people to find the right apartment with the right qualifications. One funny thing is that no one understood why we wanted two beds in the same room. It was fun explaining that. But we finally found one and closed on it so now we are stress free... kind of. 

It has been a long time since I challenged you all to do something. So here is one for you all. This past week we went to a F.H.E. at the second counsellor's house. He had invited many recent converts and some young single adults. I could tell this was really good for the ones invited as now they know how to run an F.H.E. So this week think of someone who you could invite to FHE and have them over. 

Well I love you all a lot. 

Love Elder Quinn
President Thomas S. Monson - The Prophet

No comments:

Post a Comment