Thanks all for the letters I got them from dad, mom, and Melissa. I was impressed to hear about dad standing up for the missionaries. Sometimes I feel like we have to defend ourselves against the branch. But we have made a lot of good strides forward. Our "I'm a Mormon" night is going to be good I hope. Elder Detro from the other companionship made a really nice poster and is making invitations this week. Hopefully it goes well.
This week we met with A.... and had a great lesson about the plan of salvation. She is progressing so fast. She has already read into Alma. She didn't talk to her mom about her meeting with us which was too bad. But she said she would see if we can talk to her. She has a perfect friend in the church who is also 17 and the only member of her family. They are great friends now. We just need to meet her mom to help her.
We also got another lesson with S....... this week. We haven't seen him for a couple of weeks now. He works every day which makes it hard to meet. But he is still really cool. We read Alma 32 with him and he liked it. It is definately a chapter that was written for him as he has a desire but now needs to turn it into action. We will be working with him to get him to church.
Last week a couple of you asked what it has been like serving with a native. So Elder Petersen is awesome. He said when he went to America and lerned English he forgot his Russian but as he hears it, it comes back to him. I can tell that the language doesn't hold him back like it does other missionaries. The members quickly tell he is not actually from America as his accent is really good. It has been fun to SYL with him and learn new things. He is really cool.
So yesterday was Easter here. They have a tradition where you say "He is risen" and others respond with "True He is risen." It is a really fun tradition. It helps me to remember what we are really doing here. I can't remeber who said it but there is a quote that says "When all things are said and done our message is that Christ atoned for us, died for us, and on the third day rose for us. Everything else is just an apendage to this doctrine."
Well thanks again for everything. See ya on Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment