Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Thursday, May 9, 2013

I love the scriptures - busy teaching investigators



Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 4:37 AM


Hey everyone thanks so much for the letters. I got a lot today. Dad, mom, Melissa, Justin, Natalie, Hannah, and Grandma Quinn. Your letters are great thank you so much for the updates and encouragement. I am so happy to hear things are going well. Sounds like some of you are enjoying some warm weather. Here in Odessa it was pretty cold this week. It was really wind on Saturday and it even brought a couple of large trees down near our apartment. I heard in Kiev they got 2-3 feet of snow and all of the ground transportation was shut down. They even had to cancel church. Hopefully it warms up soon. 

So this letter may not be really long. I have been informed I should spend some time today looking at classes for BYU I will send another Email to dad, mom, and Natalie maybe the three of you can work together to work it all out. Thanks a lot for this. You have all done a ton for me already. 

This week in the mission we began a Book of Mormon read. We started this week and will be ending at the end of next transfer. It will be a great opportuinty to begin reading the Book of Mormon again from the start. I have truely grown a huge love for the scriptures specifically the Book of Mormon. It is truly an amazing book. I love being able to tell people about it and helping them to strengthen their faith in Christ and who He is. 

As for investigators this week. We had a great week of meeting with people. One day I don't think Elder Pace and I even left the church. It has really caused us to step up on our planning and scheduling which is really cool. All of the lessons went pretty well. V...... is strugling with accepting the doctrine in the Plan of Salvation. We will just have to go over it again. He knows Joseph Smith was a Prophet so we just need to make that connection with him. I..... is doing well. He read on the internet some stuff about our church. He asked a lot of good questions. They weren't accusing questions he just wanted to know. We answerd all of them and he seemed happy with the answers. We didn't set dates with everyone we were hoping but that just means this week we will. I am really excited for this week as we continue to help all of these people accept the Gospel. 

Sorry again for the short letter. I love you all.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment