Hey everyone thanks for the great letters. I got them from dad, mom, Katie, Dave, Melissa, and Natalie. It sounds like everyone is in different stages of parenting. Dad and mom are spoiling Hannah... Katie and Dave are having a baby..... Melissa and Justin are going through potty training and having a baby..... and Natalie and John are tying to keep Hailey from not pulling out the front door.... that is awesome! I think my guess was right of by the end of my mission all the sisters either having a baby or with a new baby. Congrats to everyone again. Also this week is transfer information week. I am fairly confident that I am staying but we will see.
This week was really cool. We were able to meet with a lot of our investigators but they are all having a hard time doing one thing. That is coming to church. But they really are all awesome. R...... after our lesson with him sat in the church for 2 1/2 hours and read the Book of Mormon until English class started. He is super cool. We need to meet his wife soon. We are hoping to have them over to an FHE at a branch members home. Our other investigators are doing really well as well. On Thursday we didn't leave the church the entire day as we taught 5 lessons and had English practice at night. We have been greatly blessed.
So here is a way cool story. On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Straud, he is the Zone Leader. I went to his area and they had a lesson planned for that night. He told me the guy was kind of different but that they wanted to meet with him anyway. So we met him in front of a grocery store and walked with him. We asked if we were going to his apartment and he said no we are going to one of his friends. We got there and we asked who his friend is. He said :Just wait until you meet him." It was pretty creepy but we both felt really good. We walked up to the apartment and went in. There were a bunch of shoes at the door and his friend ushered us into the main room. There were 9 people there and it turns out to be a religious round table type group. It was a really cool experience. I was really worried that they would try to catch me with my Russian or try to prove us wrong but the just wanted to know what we believed. We bore testimony to them and the Spirit was really strong. We told them we had to leave and they all asked if we could come back again. One lady asked for my Book of Mormon and I gladly gave it to her. The cool part was that they were all really respectful and asked really good questions. They all gathered together as a common faith in Christ. They came from different churches but they all had the belief that God is one and so they all need to find their own way to him. They were all definately looking for the truth. Elder Stroud said they may go back a couple of times and bring a member with them.
One cool part of that story is as we were teaching, I am not sure how to explain this. But often as I teach I make mistakes in Russian. I can tell almost before it comes out but I still say it on accident. It happened a couple of times while we were teaching those people. At the end of our part one of them asked how we learned Russian so well. I don't know what they were hearing as I caught many mistakes in my own speaking but it was a testimony to me that the Gift of Tongues is true. I bore testimony of the Gift of Tongues and talked about how the apostles experienced it in the New Testament. They all agreed. It was really cool.
Well I just wanted to end with an Easter Testimony. I know that Easter was last week and here they celebrate it in May. But I know that Christ lives. I know that he came here to atone for our sins. I know that He has felt everything we have felt and will feel in this life. I know He loves us no matter what we do. He is just waiting to help us. As I have served thus far I have really strengthened my testimony of His earthly ministry. That is our message to the world. That Christ lives still and that through Him and the saving ordinances that he has set up we can be made clean and return to our Heavenly Father. This is such a glorious message.
Well I love you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment