So now for the news you have all been waiting for. I am going another transfer in Illichovsk. I seriously cannot believe it. We got transfer info on Saturday and I though the Zone Leaders were joking. At the end of this next transfer I will have been here for 10.5 months. That is so long to be in one area. Also I will be hitting my year mark in my first area which is almost never heard of. But I am really excited to be here. We have a lot of good things going for us here. The members are amazed that I have been here so long. But just some funny jokes Elder Hughes and I though about after we heard the news. I must have read my call letter wrong, I was actually called to the Illichovsk, Ukraine mission. or Being so far south must mean that President Klebingat can't see me on the transfer board. haha
| Elder Hughes at the bus stop |
Now as for my week. On Monday we all got together as a Zone and played football. I haven't sprinted for like over a year. (Dave should remember that was when I would burn him on the basketball court haha) But anyways the next two days I was so sore and my legs hurt so bad. I had no idea how bad of shape I was. I mean I walk everywhere and I have lost weight but clearly my legs have lost a lot of muscle haha.
| our zone after playing football |
| great name for a candy bar |
As for more important things, things are going well with Vova. He continues to love our meetings and keeps coming to church. Last time we met with him we had a big breakthrough and helped him to see that he does have a testimony of these things. At the end of the lesson we found out that he is just scared. We asked him if it was his dad but he said no his dad couldn't care less if he was baptized because both his wife and step-daughter are members. To be honest I wish that his dad cared a little more that way it would be a bigger event and maybe even help him start to progress. But I am really excited to still be here to teach him. He came up to me on sunday and asked if I was staying and when I said yes he shook my hand and yelled congratulations in English. It was really funny.
But right now a lot of our investigators aren't meeting with us. And we haven't been finding very well. But President has come out with some new things that he wants the branches and wards to do. He wants a member with us from 6 to 9 everynight. He is also really pushing for them to find for us while we teach. He said that we were not called to find but we were called to teach. The members have been asked to take a bigger part in missionary work. It is super intense, he said that if a branch doesn't follow these rules he will take the missionaries away from the branch for awhile. I have a lot of faith in the branch and I know they will rise up. Tonight, for example, we are going to teach "family home evening" to a family who promised to bring friends. It should be really cool.
Well that was my week. I love you all.
Love Elder Quinn
| Elder Hughes with Grandma Lydia |
| Grandma Lidia's back yard |
| I went on "splits" with Elder King. They call us King and Queen ha ha |
No comments:
Post a Comment