Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Monday, May 7, 2012

I heard about the Book of Mormon and would like to learn more


So Hannah asked me a couple of fun questions. The thing I love most about Ukraine right now is the weather. It is really nice right now. Warm with a cool breeze. Not looking forward to the humidity. I liked winter because I didn't get sweaty unfortuantely I still have to wear pants in the summer. My favorite scripture is Jacob 6:12 "oh be wise what more can I say." Read from the White Handbook everyday and laugh at some of the things that have to be clarified such as "wash your car on P-days if you have been assigned one to use." I think it would be hard to wash a car if I HADN'T been assigned one haha. Also my favorite food is borsch. It is sooooo good. All of our members have a different recipe and they all taste so good. So Katie a little while ago you mentioned some pictures that Mark is making for me. You should definately send those soon. :) I want to see them so bad. Also Mom were you able to see or find the Russian 555 book for me. I put a picture up of it, let me know.

As for our week. We had an amazing week this week. We had 5 lessons with investigators. I don't want to brag but we are leading our Zone. Seriously though I feel so blessed to be having this success. So for Dima things are going well. We went over twice this week. And he has really regained a desire to be baptized. He is living at his mothers right now and we told him if he just starts the paper work we can baptize him.  His faith is really growing and he is almost done with the Book of Mormon. He is in 3 Nephi and really enjoying it. We are hoping to go over this week with a member and draw out a plan for what he needs to do.

For Vova he is also doing well. He fulfills our assignments but sometimes he just forgets to pray everyday. He said he doesn't have a lot of time to read but he tries to read what we give him. He wants to receive an answer he just doesn't know how it will come. We have taught two lessons on recognizing the spirit so hopefully he will be able to do this. But something really cool is so he had work yesterday and couldn't come to Sacrament Meeting so we were pretty bummed but then he walked in and came to second hour and third hour. It was so cool to see that he would come even after he had work. He totally could have used that as his excuse saying he couldn't come because of work. I was way excited to see him. His father Oleg is in the same boat as last time.  He knows how to receive an answer but he just doesn't want to do.  Tonight is going to be a lesson on being together forever with his wife.

We also finally met with Vladimiere. He came to English and we finally were able to talk to him. He works two jobs and lives out in the selo so it is really hard to meet with him. I don't know if I told you all this story but two weeks ago I committed him to baptism over the phone. He said he would so we will start to progress quickly if he meets with us. He is a former investigator and has already been taught everything. I just want to make sure he will come to church. 

So we only found one new investigator this week but it was really cool. He just walked into our church and said hey I have heard about the Book of Mormon and I want to know more. I don't belong to a church and am looking for the right thing. It was really cool he came for second and third hour and we set up with him for Tuesday. Our branch president herd and said he would be there as well to help on the lesson. I love this branch so much. By the way his name is Pavel.

So quick funny story. We were doing a book table and an old lady walked up to us and wanted a book but she said she didn't have a money. We said don't work it is free. She then reached into her pocket and went to give us what I thought was money. I quickly said no don't worry then she dropped a handful of candy on the table. It was super funny. Then she said heres some more. I hope she reads the book because I want her in our branch.

So sorry my letters are a little bit shorter. We now only have one hour to write. So thanks for all the letters again. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Quinn


Our District
Elders: Hare, Quinn, Shepard, Hughes, Michaels, Welch Thatcher, Newman
Sisters: Little and Karpenko


No comments:

Post a Comment