Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

great investigators and looking for people to serve

So as for my week. It was super cool. We committed Vova to be baptized on the 23rd of June. I really hope that this will give him some more time to receive his answer. Yesterday I gave the lesson in Elders Quorum from Elder Richard G. Scott's talk about receiving personal revelation. I made it specifically for Vova and it was a good thing he came for it. I really hope that it will help him to find his answer. We also gave him a picture of Christ to help him remember his comittment for the 23rd. We explained that we don't pray to pictures but that they help us to think of Christ and all that he has done for us. But he is doing really good. He also promised to read a chapter a day in the Book of Mormon.  Vova is really cool.  

Last Monday Nelya, who was a referral we had received from Dima invited us over for lunch. Of course we went and things were going super well. Then Larisa came in and I was so shocked because we have seen her a couple of times on the street and talked with her but I didn't know how she would react to us being there. But it was really cool. We were able to get to know her a lot better and spoke for a long time. It was a great experience. And it didn't end there. On Saturday we decided to stop by Rano who is Larisa's mother. We went by her work and Larisa was there. Rano was busy with customers so we asked Larisa to say hi to her for us and went to leave but Larisa said no wait she is almost done. So we stayed and talked with them for a while and it was again really cool. Apparently Zhena really likes us which is funny because it is hard to get a high five out of him. haha. But they asked us to stop by the next day as well. We were a little late because of branch council so only Rano was there. She told us why at first they didn't like us. Apparently Dima had some not so good friends so they thought that we were just like them. After they got to know us they realized how nice we were. It was really funny. I can't wait for the opportunity to start teaching them.

So this week I wanted to tell you all about our new idea of how to find people. I decided that we need to be more like Ammon my hero :). At this time of the year a lot of people are doing their planting. So we decided to have our members find us opportunites to serve people in their gardens. I plan on this opening up opportunities to talk with them about why we are here and about our message. We will see how it goes. I think that it will have a lot of potential, I just hope that our members ask people if they need help. 

Real quick story that was so cool. I think I told you all about President Klebingat wanting the members to be with the missionaries from 6:00 to 9:00. Yesterday at church sister Finanko came up to us and asked where are we meeting tomorrow. I was like what do you mean. And she said where are we meeting I want to help you two like President Klebingat has asked. The funny part was that we he doesn't want us to go out with sisters. So I am going to call him today and see how our branch of only two active bretheren can be most effective. I am sure if we can do less active stop-bys then it will all be good but we will see. We have a bunch of sisters who want to help us. It is super cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment