Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, May 13, 2012

teaching more lessons, given a fake phone number and an important letter to deliver


Well that was really fun getting letters from everyone today. Thanks so much it is so great to hear from all of you. Natalie I am so happy that you are having a girl. She is going to be so beautiful. That also means I have a chance of having boys haha. Dave you made a good point I have been in my area for a long time but the thing is here every time we move we have to registered to the apartment and it takes up to two transfers to do that so they try to keep us in the same place as long as possible. Katie I will have to admit I thought you were going to tell me you were having a baby haha. But new jetskies are fun as well ;). Mom thanks for getting that book for me. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I need but some kool aid packets would go nice. It has gotten pretty hot here. I am not looking forward to the summer. Also people don't really do snail mail here so here is Sister Finanko's email finenkom@ya.ru  Melissa tell Justin congrats on finishing school keep up the good work. And be careful with those boys haha concussions stop people from playing football.  Well that's it.... just kidding Hannah HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I will add a picture to this email that I need to explain. So we live on the street call 1st of May and I found a house number with the number 15 on it so I thought I would send it to you.So I was planning skype this morning with Elder Hughes can we do it at the same time as Christmas. That would be 5 here and I believe 9 there. What time is your church? At 1 or 9?

Now as for my week. We met with Dima and unfortunately had to drop his date. Things didn't go so well this week with him. He didn't start his marriage like he said he would and he doesn't sound as excited to get baptized. He keeps saying he wants to get healthy first but I think he may just be in denial. We have a pretty good lesson planned for this week so hopefully it goes well. We just don't know what more to teach him. His health isn't great so he hasn't come to church but he continues to read and to pray. We just need to help him find the desire to get baptized like he used to.

Vova is doing really well. His date is still set for the 26th of May and things look like they are going well. He still feels like he hasn't received an answer to his prayers so this week we are going to talk about fasting and then challenge him to fast with us this Sunday for an answer. I would also like anyone who would like to, to add him to your fast. Also we will be talking about the Word of Wisdom this week so pray that he will accept it. We think he smokes but seems to not do it too much so hopefully he can quit easily. His dad Oleg is nice. It is good that he listens to us but he needs to start doing some things if he wants to change. I wish his wife would put a little bit of pressure on him. She seems cotent with where he is.

Remember that guy who came to church last week Pavel? Well he set up with us and gave us two numbers both of which are fake and then he didn't show up to our meeting. I was so confused. He is the one who wanted to know more so why did he dog us. It was pretty lame because we had brought a member to church with us to be on the lesson but he didn't come. I wasn't super happy about that. Hopefully he comes to church again.

So we met with Vladimier again and it went really well. We read Moroni 10:1-7 with him and talked about that, We also answered a lot of questions he had about the church. The lesson went well. He has technically be taught everything because he was a former investigator but it seems like he doesn't remember anything so I think we will go over it all again. He didn't come to church like he said he would so that was disappointing. But hopefully he comes to English again. So I forgot to tell you. We have an English Conversation Club every Friday at 6:30. We teach the missionary lessons in English and discuss them with everyone there. It is pretty fun because they have way fun accents. But of course mine isn't any better. We have about 3-7 people show up every week. We are hoping to get some investigators from it soon. Some people seem really interested.

Really fast story. This week we got a letter from someone who lives in Kiev to his cousins who are non-members that we were supposed to deliver. In the letter he asked them to listen to us and accept our message. I was so excited to go and drop it off and it was even better that it was down the street from some of our members. We went by and their son took the letter didn't read it and told us to leave. I was so mad, I was expecting to get into the house and teach an awesome first lesson but this punk kid didn't even look at it. We are going back out this week to stop by and hopefully the parents are there. What makes it even better is Elder Wells and I tracted that house when we were together. Now they have to listen to us haha.

Well that's it for this week. I'll put some pictures up today. I love you all.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment