Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Monday, January 14, 2013

Started my 4th quarter


So this past week started my 4th Quarter. I cannot believe that I only have 6 months left on my mission. It is so weird but I still have time left so nothing to scary. This upcoming week is a leadership conference that I am looking forward to. I cannot wait to hear more from President Klbingat. I have really loved serving as District Leader. one thing I want to say today is about district meetings. I Begin planning district meetings usually on the way home from the last one. I really try to seek the Spirit in determining what I need to do to help the district the most. Ths coolest thing is in doing so I usually teach myself more than what I had planned on teaching. I usually go through 2 or 3 plans before I actually receive the revelation to know what the District needs. I have often thought why not just tell me the first time? But then if that was the case how would I grow? It has been so neat to see this increase my own effectiveness as a missionary.

As for our investigators, we had an interesting week. We went over to Pavel's for New Year's day which was good because a lot of people were drunk so we were able to teach him. He fed us some traditional Ukrianian food. Salted fermented fish, fermented raddishes, and potatoes. Don't worry we blessed it haha. But things are going really well with him. We call him every night to see if he has read and he has really enjoyed talking to us about the Book of Mormon. It is only a matter of time before he accepts what we have been teaching him. We had D.... come to english again, He is so awesome and elect. We had an amazing lesson with him and he really felt the Spirit. In the middle of the lesson he asked if we could pray again like last week. We said we could so at the end we went to pray and asked if we could do it on our knees. He responded with an "of course we need to." He is so cool.

We picked up an investigator who Elder Young and I dropped about a month ago. We tracted into his mom and then he came up the stairs while talking to her. We decided that the Lord put him in our path again for a reason. This time he actually said he would read the Book of Mormon. It was a really cool lesson. We unfortunatly had to drop our date with Y.... Her mom hasn't come to church therefore she hasn't come to church. We are hoping to pick it again but her mom is going to need to step up to the plate and be an example. Hopefull y that goes well. 

Thank you for the pictures. I am really hoping it is a fun night. Also dad I wanted to ask you and Hannah about the new youth program for this year. I have looked over it and it seems really cool. I think it has a lot of potential to be really good. Let me know how you both feel about it. 

So as for my pick up date. It all sounded good to me. Here is what I was thinking. 
Monday- Meet at Mission office.
Tuesday- Go through Temple and have testimony meeting that night.
Wednesday- Temple day for Dima.
Thursday- Kiev day and maybe take out President Klebingat and his wife to dinner.
Friday-Travel to Illichovsk.
Saturday- Odessa day and buy ties at 7K :)
Sunday- Go to church in Illichovsk and meet with members.
Monday- Travel back to Kiev.

That's all that I need to do here, but I do think it would be pretty cool to go to Moscow but it is up to you. I can't look up things to do there so if it is worth it then maybe you can see what you want to do. Thanks again. It will be fun.

So dad asked me for my testimony about The Savior and my love for Him.

My whole life I have known that Christ is my Savior and Redemmer, but never have I had the opportunity to stand as his representative and to do what he would do if he was here. I have developed a very strong love for the Savior and all that He has done for me. I know with out a doubt that He felt everything that I have felt. I have found an immense amount of comfort as I have turned to Him while on my mission. As I have read and studied more about His life, I know that He loves each and everyone of us. I know that He wants all of us to return and live with Him and our Heavenly Father. I know that it is through His atonement that this is possible. He loves us and wants us to be happy. That is our message to the world, that Christ atoned for our sins, died for us, and then rose again. He did this for no other purposes other than the love He has for us. I feel honored and privilaged to be able o serve as his representative. In the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love You all,
Love Elder Quinn


No comments:

Post a Comment