Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Elder Hinkson is an awesome new companion!

Hey everyone. Thanks for the letters.... oh wait I only got them from dad, mom, and Grandpa Hoole. I will give you all a break because we skyped last week and I am sure you are all busy having fun. :) but thanks a lot Grandpa Hoole for the letter. I am planning on using some of it for District Meeting tomorrow. Dad I am glad to hear work is going well. Keep being awesome. And yes Elder Hinkson and I really enjoyed the IBC rootbeer. And mom how awesome is our family. Baby's being blessed by their fathers, daughters and son-in-laws magnifying their callings in church, and everyone strong in the faith. Way to go!

So I forgot my planner today so if I forget something I'll write about it next week. To start off Elder Hinkson, my new companion, is awesome! He is so amazing at the language. He has a brother who served in Russia and two little brothers who were adopted from Ukraine so he got a lot of practice before his mission. Then he was in an advanced class in the MTC. We have been SYLing on the street and it is awesome. He is also a really good teacher and we teach really well together.This is going to be an amazing transfer.

Now for a little about our investigators. P....   is doing awesome. Yesterday during third hour we watched the Christmas devotional from the first presidence. Elder Hinkson leaned over and told him to write down the things he feels. He did and it really helped him to recognize the Spirit. He invited us over on Tuesday because he doesn't celebrate New Years. I am so excited, we are hoping to set a date with him.

A...... is also doing pretty good. He came to church yesterday, We have a cool lesson plan that will hopefully show him what he needs to do to get an answer. He still doesn't like the Word of Wisdom but that will all be covered after he knows the Book of Mormon is true.

Y.....   is doing ok. We set another date with her. But she didn't come to church yesterday because her mom was sick.  

Yesterday Feyoder got the Aaronic Pristhood. I had the opportunity to give it to him which was really cool. He is doing really well. I am so happy that things are going good. He is a really nice guy.

We had some cool things happen while tracting this past week. But one couple we gave a Book of Mormon to gave it back last night so that was unfortunate. But we had another conversation with a really nice lady who is definately ready for the Gospel. We will be stopping by her this week to see if she had a chance to read the Book of Mormon.

I also want to make sure that you are working on the power point of photos. I need that by next week so please send it! I can't put up photos this week because the library is closed and I don't trust this computer. It might have a virus on it. So I will put them up next week.

Thanks again! I love you all!

Love Elder Quinn

P.S. Happy New Year


teaching English

No comments:

Post a Comment