So this week was a really cool week. First of all I got a letter from Natalie with pictures and mom's letter with the For the Strength of Youth pamphlets. Thanks for that. I also got the two Christmas packages. I am so excited to go to some of the families with kids on Christmas eve. It will be a lot of fun. But I am not sure where I will be for Christmas. This week we get transfer info. I really hope I stay I love here it. But going back to the Christmas package. It seems I may need to refrigerate one of the presents that dad gave me hahaha :).This past week we had a mission conference from President Bennet of the Europe East Area Presidency. It was amazing. Last year he came and really threw down on our mission for the things we weren't doing right. It definately changed the direction of the mission. This past week I was a little nervous about what to expect. Our mission has come a long way and I hope he has seen that. He spoke all about charity and love and how we need to love these people more. He said he is very impressed with our mission and believes we are a model mission for the world. It was pretty cool to hear. He did point out some things we need to work on but he again praised us for our obedience. He said he still has to talk to missions about waking up on time and talking to everyone but with ours he wanted to talk about the little things to help us even more. It was so cool.Thursday night before the Confernce we had the opportunity to go to the temple. It was amazing!! It is so pretty inside and I even saw three members from Illichovsk and it was fun to talk to them for a little. Mom I put your name on the prayer role in the Temple so now people will be praying for you in 3 languages :) I felt so good after going through the temple. We are allowed three times a year. It has definately shown me how much I need to attend the temple after my mission. I am so excited to go through with Vova in July and then to go through again for Dima. It will an amazing experience.As far as investigators go, we haven't been able to get a hold of D... and his wife this week which was too bad. We met with J.... this week and set a date for her on Dec. 29th. She is 10 years old and super excited to get baptized. Hopeflly we can reactivate her mom as we teach her. Feyoder is doing well. We had some good meetings with him this week. I am now beginning to understand him a lot more. He has made a lot of progress. Unfortunatly we weren't able to meet with Pavel last week but tonight should work out.I will just end with something that Elder Bennet said. "Have you ever been reading a scripture and seen new words that you could promise weren't there the day before?" That is something that has been hapening more and more to me. As I read a scripture that I have already highlighted I see something completely new that I didn't see the time before. It really is amazing to have the scriptures. I have gained such a love for them.Well I love you all a lot.Love Elder QuinnP.S. Skype is right now planned for the 25th at four'o'clock here. I am not sure if I will be here of in another area. I will know by next week. Also P-day is being moved from Monday the 24th to Tuesday the 25th so we can skype with our families. This means there won't be a letter from me in two weeks.
Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog
ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
seeing scriptures in a new way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment