So this week Elder Hilton was in Armania so I was on exchanges with Elder Flint. He is a Ukrainian speaking missionary so it was really interesting. Our lessons were all over the place language wise it was super funny. But it was nice because most people here perfer to speak in Russian and Elder Flint understood a couple of things. This language thing is just so hard. I am always feeling like I just don't know enough. I still have to strain to understand what people say and sometimes don't catch it all anyways. It is so hard. But it is nice to have Elder Hilton back he has been teaching me some new things to say which is nice.
The other Elder's baptismal date is still on for this weekend. Karil is a super cool kid who everytime we see him he informs us of how many more days until he is baptized. He is super cool. there is also a young girl who is the daughter of a less-active woman. She also wants to be baptized. Her name is Katya and hopefully her baptism helps her mom come into activity again. Elder Hilton and I taught primary yesterday and taught about Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. The other elders gave me an old shirt and I had it over mine and when Katya read the verse I ripped of the shirt and started to write the title of Liberty on it. It was super funny. The kids really liked it.
Last week I began the Book of Mormon again from the beginning. I am going chapter by chapter and writing down my own cross references and things that I like from each chapter. It has been super cool. Since I have been reading it so slowly I have picked out new things that I haven't ever noticed. I am in the middle of Nephi's vision and it is so amazing how much he writes about that comes true later in the Book or Mormon. It is just such an amazing book. We have an investigator right now named Danomik from Cameroon. He is so cool. He reads the Book of Mormon and really likes it. He leads a Bible study class for other Africans in the school. It is amazing how much he understands correctly about the teachings of Christ. He came to us last week and said I want more light on this subject what does your church say about it. We tell him and he just loves it. It is cool to see the Book of Mormon helping him.
No comments:
Post a Comment