Well this week is going to be a crazy one. I am in Kiev right now because Elder Hilton is going to Armania to renew his Visa. I go back to Cherkassy tonight and will be on an exchange with a Ukrainian speakig Elder. It is so hard to understand people. They speak a language which is called surgik which is Russian and Ukrainian combined. It sounds like someone speaking English from the deep south. But I have learned some Ukrainian pharases and people are pretty good about switching to Russian if you ask them.
So here was a super cool story. We were walking home at night at about 8:50. The rule is be home by 9 unless you have a meeting then be home by 9:30. So we were walkiong fast but we walked past these two guys and said hello to them but kept walking. We got down the street and then they came running after us and one pulled out a bat.... haha just kidding scared ya didn't I? But they did come back to us and asked us to tell them why we are here. We sat down and started in on our message. We asked why they wanted to know and one of them said I don't know there is just something in your eyes and I can't figure it out. I saw it when you walked past me. We gave them the whole first lesson and one guy was super interested. But unfortunatly he lives in Moscow. The other guy who talked about our eyes only wanted to know why but didn't want anything else. It was too bad. Maybe next time we run into him.
As for our investigators. P..... is doing well. We met with him and also did a service opportunity with him for some members. He is super cool and the branch is starting to warm up to him. He is still having an issue understanding the Atonement and that our Heavenly Father has a body. He has studied a lot of religions and he takes things from each one. But he loves the Book or Mormon. He reads it a lot and has a lot of good questions. This week I am meeting with A..... I am going to see if I can help him with the word of wisdom. He is a nice old guy. I asked why he wasn't baptized and he said I don't know baptize me! haha So we will keep working with him.
Yesterday at church it was super cool. President Klebingat visited our branch. He and sister Klebingat gave such good talks! They were perfect for our investigators to hear. Afterwards president came and met P.... and asked him if he has a date yet. P..... said no and Preisdent said well keep working for it. We are hoping to set a date with him tomorrow. But after church we had our Missionary School. It is where the members come voluntarily and learn how to do missionary work better. It is such a cool thing. So we asked president to come be a guest speaker and to talk about how members can be friends to investighators when they come to church. It was a super cool thing and will hopefully help our members to reach out more.
Well that is it for my week. Thanks for the letters again. Love you all.
Love Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment