Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Monday, July 16, 2012

Being transferred to Cherkassy... and leaving a message that will bring so much joy


 So the news you have all been waiting for. I am getting transfered to Cherkassy. It is just East of Kiev. My new companion is Elder Hilton. He was actually in the MTC with me but is one transfer older than me. He was really cool and I look forward to serving with him.
So 6 weeks ago dad asked me to write after this transfer and to respond to the question of why am I here for another transfer. I truly feel blessed to have been here for so long. I was able to teach Vova since the beginning and to baptize him. I have been able to make great connections with this branch and with Dima's family. I have loved serving here so much. Yesterday at church when I told Grandma Lidia she started to cry and told me that I need to talk to my Mission President and tell him that there is a grandma here who loves her missionaries and doesn't want them to leave. Vova really didn't want me to leave and said I should be here for the rest of my mission. The rest of the branch was super nice and thanked me for my service a lot of them were actually sad. I was surprised because usually missionaries are all the same to people but they actually might miss me, that is until the next one comes haha. I got to bear my testimony and thank them for all that they had done for me, and in helping me learn Russian. I really have loved it here so much. It is going to be really weird to leave. But in two years after my mission ;) I want to visit here with mom and dad. It would be so cool to see them all again. 
Now here is the story for you about sharing the Gospel with friends. We went over to Dima's mom last night. I didn't know if she would be home or what I should say. She invited us in and we started to talk. I told her very plainly that she and Dima's other family and friends are very dear to me and I love them all very much. I said that we have a message for you that will bring you so much joy. This message was the message that we taught Dima and he believed everything we taught. I told her how I met Dima and how much of a great man he is. I then went on to teach the Plan of Salvation. She accepted everything we taught and it brought her a lot of comfort as I explained to her about doing work for those who have passed away. After the prayer, I looked up and she was crying. She said Dima is very happy you came by today. I told her that I know that if Dima was here he would want her to accept this message. It was a very spiritual moment. I told her it was my last week here but that there would be another missionary who could teach her. I also said that in a year I will hopefully be able to visit again. It was an incredible experience. 
Well that is about it for my week.  I have to get home and pack. I love you all very much.
Love Elder Quinn

Elder Quinn Zhenya (Dima's son)  Elder Hughes 

Dima's grandma, Rano, Pavel, Nelya, Larisa, me and Zhenya

the branch in Illichosk


No comments:

Post a Comment