Hey everyone thanks for the letters. As always it is so much fun to hear from all of you. Well dad it sounded like the High adventure was fun. I remember doing that and I loved it so much. I am also glad that mom and Hannah were able to have an adventure of their own./ Have fun at EFY this week. I will be expecting a full run down of all that happened next week. Well sorry this paragraph is so small. It made be because of lack receiving emails from all of my dearly loved sisters..... hint hint. :).
So this week was a really cool week. On Monday we had an awesome lesson with Vova's dad Oleg. We committed him to a soft baptismal challenge which is just that when he receives an answer of these things he will be baptized. We are wearing down his pride slowly. He is a great guy and would be a huge help for the branch. But anyways we taught him the third lesson again. We have gone through every lesson and pretty much every chapter in the Book of Mormon. He just needs to be baptized already. Tonight we have planned to set a date and to really get him progressing. I know he believes everything we have taught he is just not wanting to accept it yet. But he will :).
As for Vova, he is such a boss. We talked with him this week about receiving the Aaronic Priesthood. He was super excited and asked where he could read more about it. It was super cool. Last week the members gave him this giant bag of books that he can start reading. He showed me some of the books and asked if they were necessary to read. I told him I haven't even seen some of those books. But it was really nice for the branch to give him everything. I pointed him the Gospel Principles and Preach My Gospel. He is meeting this week with President Sadchenko. I am so happy for him. But it was a pretty big eye opener. After our lesson I told him that we find out transfer info next week. He said that I should serve here my whole mission. It then hit me how sad I will be if I get transfered next week. But of course I don't know what will happen. I actually could stay here my whole mission. haha.
This past week was my year mark and as appropriate we celebrated by eating at McDonalds. It was nice because we had to go to Center Odessa anyways to be interviewed by President Klebingat. He tries to interview us every other transfer. It was really funny he asked how everything was going and I informed him that it was my year mark that day. He then thought for a moment and said ya tomorrow is my 1/3 mark. It is really cool that both of us started our missions at the same time. But ya so we ate at McDonalds and of course I burned an old tie that had a pen mark on it. It was a pretty funny day. But I seriously cannot believe that it has gone that fast. And I am scared to think the second half of it might go by faster. I don't know how fast it has gone for all of you but it has just flown by. But I am so thankful for this opportunity that I have had and still have to serve the Lord. I want this next year to go by as slow as possible (sorry mom). This has been such an amazing experience. Thank you all so much for your love and support. I feel your prayers giving me strength.
That is really it for this week. We don't have any new investigators which is getting really aggravating. We just need to find people to teach. I have really been trying to push the members into getting us referrals but they seem a little too afraid to do anything with their friends. I have taught in third hour the past two weeks and I talked a lot on Missionary work. Well I love you all very much. Thanks for your prayers. Next week I'll have transfer info so ya it will be a crazy week.
No comments:
Post a Comment