Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pray for baptisms

Hey everyone. This week I got them from dad, mom, and Melissa. It was really fun to hear from you. I hope you all have a fun next week for Thanksgiving. Hopefull we do something next P-Day special for it. Dad I was able to read that talk and I really liked it. I have plans on going back thorugh it frequently. Mom make sure to congradulate Grandma Hoole on the award. That is really cool. 

As for my week it was a very interesting week. We went back to F... and taught him again. Our lesson plan was "What do you want from us?" It was really cool as he talked about having some changing moments. He then said that this church is the only true church and none else. He made some significant changes in his life to folow the commandments and has demonstrated a lot of faith. We gave him another date for Dec. We met with him nearly everyday last week with a bunch of members and they seemed to hit it off. It was a cool miracle to see.

We have begun taching a part member family in our branch. The husband is a member. He is such a rock. We have started to teach his wife and things went pretty well yesterday. We are hoping to move things a long quickly. She is really nice and has had the missionaries over before. Hopefully something this time will change. She is hard to teach because she really has little desire to know. But please pray for her to develop a desire. Her husband gets really sad when ever he talks about her, he wants to help so badly. 

On other news we had one of our best lessons with A.... He committed to living the Word of Wisdom for a week. We are hoping to extend this to his lifetime shortly haha. But it was good. We had a member that helped us and it was really good. He bore a really good testimony and even had some cool personal stories that he shared. 

Just so everyone is aware. We have set a goal in our campanionship for 2 baptisms in December. In our district there is a goal for 11 and for our mission there is a goal of 200 before the end of the year. (That is total baptisms) Please pray that we will be able to reach this goal. I know it is possible but it will be nothing short of a miracle. We can do this. 

So this week I was on exchanges with Elder Hughes (my trainee from Illychovsk). Monday night we called Vova our recent convert and talked with him. He is doing so good. He sounded so much like a member it was awesome. He was asking us about of investigators and our baptismal dates. He said he will be going through the temple in July. Which has sealed in my mind my answer of going the late date which will be July 24th. If given the option I will be going then. See ya then!

Well I hope you all know of my love for you all.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment