AS far as investigators go it was a crazy week. Almost daily F... has changed his mind about baptism. We aren't really sure why. This morning he txted us saying he still wants to be prepared for baptism after last night telling us not to come over anymore so we will see how it goes. We didn't meet with a lot of old investigators this week but met a lot of new ones. We taught 3 full first lessons on Friday and taught another one as well that day. The people we have are showing a lot of potential so hopefully we will be able to help them progress. We have so much so close we just need to finish the job.
This past Satrday we had an open house that the branch put on. It was really well done and we as missionaries weren't expected to do anything. We had 20 people come thorugh which tripled the last open house they had. A lot of potential came from that which was really cool. One lady said this is everything she has been looking for in a church. Two people even came back to church the next day. It was my first open house and it went really well. All we did was stand outside and invite people in. As far as the district goes the other Elders have 2 baptismal dates that are soo cool. They are both practically counting down the days until they can get baptized. It has been cool to see.
So yeasterday I got a pretty big surprise from my branch president. He called me in and called me to be the Young Men's President here in Cherkassy. I did nopt see this coming at all. We had one but he was a little less-active but trying his best. President Shaparda told me that President Klebingat already knows about this and approved of it. It is definately going to add some more work to my plate but I am really excited. We have two young men in the branch who are really fun. I am looking forward to helping them prepare for missions. I can only hope I can help as much as my young men's leaders helped me. It will be an exciting couple of weeks.
Well thanks again for everything. I love you all so much.
Love Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment