Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best teaching week yet!

Hey thanks so much for the pictures they were so much fun to look at! Mark has gotten so big and those twins aren't far behind. It was so funny to see them all wrestling in the sand. Caleb sure looks like he wants to join in the fun haha. Those were some really fun pictures. Natalie your looking good. The bigger you get the quicker it will come haha. Well thanks also this week for the letters. I got them from dad, mom, Melissa, and Hannah. I really do love hearing from all of you.

So last week dad sent me a letter about Via Sikahema. While on his mission he took his championship ring with him and it was clearly a distraction. I have been thinking a lot about that this week as the time is quickly moving by, only 6 more transfers left after this one :(. I really want to make sure that nothing is distracting me. I prayed about it and I really can't think of anything. I love serving here way too much. Don't be offended but I only think about you all on P-day haha. I don't have time to think about other things. I am always trying to think of scripture stories or talks that will help my investigators. It has been such an amazing experience to just focus on missionary work. Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect and far from it but I really do love it so much here.

So mom I want to know more of Granpa Hoole's conversion story. I know the jist of it but we have some young investigators and young recent converts that I want to share the story with. We have some kids who come to game night and I think they would really like it.

This week has been the best teaching week I have had on my mission. We found 7 new investigators and had 24 lessons. It was a great week. Elder Young is a really good missionary. He always has people from formers to call and so whenever we have a minute he calls people. It was a really good idea. As far as our investigators go they are all doing pretty well. Pavel came to church and really participated in 2nd hour. We had a lesson with him and he knows he needs to be baptized he just doesn't know when. He isn't a fan of modern day revelation. He thinks if we have it then what is the Bible for. He knows the Book of Mormon is true mainly because he went to Mexico and saw all of the old ruins. He is a good man.  So we will be working with him on that.

Avram continues to pregress. He came to church and again really liked it. He needs to start meeting some of the branch memebers. He is a little quiet but in the same sentence super loud. He is really excited for his baptism and calls us everynight to talk. He is super funny. We just need to keep meeting with him. He is a good man.  We have a couple more people we are working with and there are a lot of them that are super cool. Kleem is super elect. He loves everything we sayd he is just really busy so it is hard to meet with him. He doesn't drink or smoke and he wants to find a good girl and raise a family. Victor we met with on Saturday with him mom. We brought our branch President, President Shaparda. It was a good lesson.  Victor thought it was really cool.

This is for mom and dad. Remember when ever I would say "But I don't want to." And you would say "Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to." Well there are  people that need to hear this lesson. I get so fustrated with a few people who when asked to do something for service or as a part of their calling respons with "Well that's not something that we want to do." I just want to stand up and yell "Well sometimes we do things we don't want to do!" They are all good people.  I am just really grateful that you taught me this lesson.

So tomorrow is Zone Conference which I can't wait for. It should be really good. I'll write more about it next week.

Well that's it for this week. I love you all a lot.
Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment