Both good news and bad news with Dima. The good news is we were able to meet with him twice this week and one of those times we talked with his girlfriend for a long time. She is really nice. She gave us tarts and tea. It was super good. She had to go to work so she couldn't sit in on the lesson. But every step of preogress with her is awesome. The bad news is he didn't come to church this week again. The only reason why I'm not really up set is that it was New Years day and people go crazy on New Years but I'll talk about that later. But ya he is still awesome but he needs to realize the importance of coming to church.
So this weekend was really lame. We had to be in by 4:00 on Saturday and we could only go to church on Sunday then we had to stay inside all day. It drove me crazy. After working for 10 hours a day I couldn't handle being inside. But it was for the better. On Saturday no one would even stop for us. Everyone had somewhere to go and somewhere to be. New Years eve is when their Santa comes. So this is the big one for them. The whole center street was turned into a giant party. The next morning while walking to church there were people just sleeping on stairs because they drank too much the night before. It was pretty sad.
Alright so it is now 25 days until my companion goes home. He is starting to get a little trunky and he gets really sensitive when I bring it up. Any advice dad or brother-in-laws would be much appreciated. He keeps asking me questions about the styles in America. I just tell him I don't remember but ya it's getting pretty hard.
So really cool story with a not so cool ending. We were on a bus going to Odecca and an old lady sat down next to me. I was trying to memorize the first vision in Russian and I could tell she was peaking over my shoulder to read it. I moved it towards her so she could see it easier. Then I flipped it over quickly. She then asked me what it was. I went on to tell her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. I gave her a Restoration Pamphlet and she instantly started reading it. She greabbed my shoulder and said "This is Truth" and I said "Yes it is." I tried to get her number but her phone was broken so she said it wasn't worth it. She promised to come to church on Sunday because she wanted to know more "truth." I was so excited. She was really nice and super open. But she didn't come on Sunday. I was so dissappointed. I really wish I would have asked for her address or something. I'm hoping maybe she will come next week.
Well thanks again for all the letters. I love you all so much.
Love Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment