Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Follow your Mission President - the Lord will bless you!


Hey everyone thanks for the great letters. First of all happy birthday Natalie. So real quick thanks for all of the advice about trunky companions. It is especially hard for Elder Wells because before me he had killed off 4 elders. But ya I keep saying 4th quarter Elder. And when he brings up things about home I say "Sorry I can't hear you I'm too busy focusing on my purpose." It gets him pretty good so that's been working. And ya I've gone on a couple of exchanges so Elder Wells and another Elder going home with him could be together for two days. Hopefully that got all of their trunky talk out. But don't worry he is still a great missionary and I learn a lot from him!!
Dima, me and Elder Wells - Dima's 5 yr old son took the photo
Now for the good parts. VICTORY. We finally met with and taught Dima's girlfriend Larissa. We also taught his grandma and his girlfriends mother. They were all so excited about it that they took extra pamphlets and Books of Mormon to give to their husbands. It was seriously so cool. We set up another time to meet, but when we called them Zhena their son had a really high temperature (102 degrees). So we couldn't go over. The next day was Sunday and only Dima was able to come. I was really happy to see him but I really wanted his family to come. And what is even more unfortunate is that Dima will be in Kiev all week so we won't be able to meet with his family. I am really sad about that. 

As for other good news, we found 7 new investigators this week. It was awesome. One day we found 4 in one day. I am so greatful to the Lord for helping us to find all of these people. And to be honest we really needed them. We were down to 2 investigators and were in desperate need of more. Now this is why I believe we found 7 this week. On Tuesday we had a Zone Meeting. In this meeting we talked about finding investigators and how many we should/can find. A lot of the Elders were saying it's not possible to find 7 in a week. Therefore we should lower the goal to 3 or 4 and then work up to 7. I did NOT agree with this. I said "President Klebingat has said in all of his letters that we CAN find one a day and 7 a week." They all said ya but we still need to work up to it. After the meeting Elder Wells and I were talking about lowering our goal or keeping it at 7. I said well lets see how this week goes. And lo and behold we found 7 new investigators. I honestly think that was a miracle to show us that the Lord will help us and also that we should always follow our Mission President. 

Yesterday was Christmas for Ukraine. I feel like I have celebrated Christmas every weekend for the past 4 weeks. haha. The first one was our Christmas, next was New years eve and that is when Santa comes, next was their Christmas, and next week is "Old new years." They have so many Holidays it is crazy. 

I am really nervous about tonight. There is a part member family in our branch. We have been going over to try to teach the husband.  Last week though we had him play the game and answer a question about a scripture. So this week were going over to teach the first lesson to him and his son. His wife and daughter are amazing members. Please pray that both his son and he will be there tonight. His son has been coming to church for the past couple of weeks on his own. We love this family and  really want to get things moving with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment