Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A fan of David Archuleta, the Mormon



So the moment you have all been waiting for. I will be staying in Illichosk and will be getting Elder Karashov as my new companion. He is from Bulgaria and what I have heard is he speaks English pretty well. He is only one transfer older than me so we are both semi new to the mission. It is going to be a great experience serving with him I can already tell. I hope his Russian is better than mine because I really struggled this week. Words I knew I couldn't understand and I couldn't get out what I wanted. It was very frustrating. I am hoping that since Bulgarian and Russian are very close he will be able to help me learn Russian.

David Archuleta 
As for other news we found 4 new investigators this week. Mom remember when you said that you prayed that David Archuletta would have a positive influence on the church. Well who knew that his influence would come this far. Dima's friend is named Nelia. She is in LOVE with David Archuletta. She has a ton of shirts and pictures of him. She says that David is the only reason why she has hope in society. She showed me pictures of his family and knew all of their names and ages. She is really nice. She has a son who speaks English really well. The reason why she wanted to meet with us is to learn about David's religion. She heard Dima talking about Mormons and she wanted to meet with us so bad. She took our number and actually called us. That has only happened one other time.


No comments:

Post a Comment