Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Area Book



...So lately I have really wanted to do a lot of former investigator finding. So I took on the Area Book. We have been doing a lot of stop bys and calling formers for the past couple of weeks. And we are just now starting to see the blessings. At the begginning people weren't home or told us to call or come back later. Now people are actually setting up with us and showing up to meetings.  My goal is to have every old inverstigator sheet with my name on it saying I contacted them. Obviously I would like it a lot better if they all got baptizied, but I really want to see what kind of people we can find through the book. I hope it all goes well.

But a cool story about the Area Book project. I called a man by the name of Nikolai a  couple of weeks ago. He tole me to call back later as most do. Then while going by the house of another former investigator we ran into Nikolai. He was super happy to see us and wanted to set up a meeting with us. Unfortunately he was in Odessa all this week so we couldn't do it but hopefully this week or the next. But it was really cool because he said "ya you guys called me and I was thinking about when we could meet right as I ran into you." I am really excited to meet with him. He has twin sons and one is hadicapped. He is a super humble and hard working man. I hope we are able to meet with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment