Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Monday, June 24, 2013

The Branch prefers Ukrainian, but after the mission's new split, no more missionaries will be called to Keiv speaking Ukrainian.


Well thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes. I got them from dad, mom, Melissa, Natalie, and Hannah. It is pretty weird to be 21. I feel like I am 16 transfers old.

To answer some questions. The branch here definately perfers Ukrainian but all know Russian just as well. But with the new mission split there will be no missionaries called to the Kiev mission speaking Ukrainian. I understand pretty well but it is funny when I hear Ukrainian I translate it into Russian because it is easier to understand that way. I am like a dog when it comes to Ukrainian i understand a lot but can't respond. I told a youth to only speak to me in Ukrainain so I can pick it up a little. 

Elder Droubay it really cool. He is a super hard worker and loves the mission. His dad works for the church and does all of the mormon.org videos. It is pretty cool to hear about the stuff behind the scenes. It has been fun training as it reminds me how far I have come. This past week I went on exchanges with a missionary in his first transfer. It was pretty funny to think about the difference.

So we have a really cool investigator named Sergei. He came to an FHE last week and loved it!! I called him last night to invite him again and he said "Yes thanks for the invite. I wanted to ask if I could come but I didn't want to invite myself." He has a strong desire to know that all of this is true. He is a heavy smoker but wants to give it up. We will be working with him on that this week. We have a lot of potential but we just have to finally meet with them.  

Misha the man who got baptized last week baptized his wife this week. It was super cool. They are a super cool couple who will be really stong in the church. We are their missionaries but I have only met with them once so this week we are going to get to know them better. They are also good friends with our branch president which is really cool. 

Yesterday I gave a talk in church on Enduring to the End and how the Lord helps us to do that. He gives us two gifts that allow us to continue. The first is the Holy Ghost. This gift helps us to choose the right and to warn us of danger. The second is repentance. This morning I was readng a talk. I can't remember who is was I think is was Elder Cardon. He says in there "The Lord wants to forgive."  Also that he can forgive us in this life. We can be washed clean right now. He tells the story of the Lord first forgiving a man then healing him. Showing that both can be accomplished right now. It is such a great gift he has given us. 

Well I love you all so much.......even Dave and Katie ;)

Love Elder Qunn

No comments:

Post a Comment