First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASE The best birthday present ever...
Thanks for the letters this week. I got them from dad, mom, Melissa, and Natalie. I am glad to hear everything is going well. To answer some questions. I got the picture book mom it made me laugh. Thanks so much. I didn't get the package or the letter yet but hopefully soon.
![]() |
| Lydia Black born June 10th 2013 Chapel Hill North Carolina to Justin and Melissa Black 9lbs. 12 oz. 22 inches |
Thanks for the letters this week. I got them from dad, mom, Melissa, and Natalie. I am glad to hear everything is going well. To answer some questions. I got the picture book mom it made me laugh. Thanks so much. I didn't get the package or the letter yet but hopefully soon.
So this week was awesome! On Monday we met with German and set a date with him for the 22nd of June. He is so awesome. We had a great lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he loved it all. He is a really cool guy. We talked about the word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity and everything was fine. He did say he loves black tea but he would give it up.
We also met with Arina one last time. We went over the Restoration again and talked about Prophets. She knows the church is true but is too afraid to tell her mother. She at this point just wants to wait until she is 18. She will definately get baptized.
Then I left Odessa. It was pretty hard because I was almost positive that I would stay. But Billa is amazing!!
It has been a crazy week here. Before us there were 3 companionships of missionaries 2 elders and 1 sister companioship. the only one to stay here is my Companion Elder Droubay. It was crazy to help everyone get to their apartments and find the chuch. To top it off we had a baptism this week of some one I have never met so we had to plan the baptism and call people I have never talked to before. But this branch is amazing!! I wish I could express in words the love I feel in this branch durring sacrament meeting. Everything just works here. The branch president and the mcm are bothers and they are awesome. They are super strict and way good leaders. We met the MCM on my second day and had an awesome meeting. Because of him 40 people in this church are baptized. They have 100 people every week where 6 months ago they only had 50. They have reactivated a lot of people and there is a lot of success going on right now. Next week there is another baptism. It will be the wife of the man baptized on Saturday.
This branch is awesome. Even if over half of sacrament meeting was in Ukrainian.
Well that was my week. Love you all!!
Love Elder Quinn
P.S. i got a text from Vova this morning from Illichovsk. He is now the Elders Quarum President so that was really exciting to hear.

No comments:
Post a Comment