Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Mission Vision statement....

Letter from Feb. 18th..Thanks for the letters. I got them from dad, mom, and Natalie. Just remember that you are all in my prayers! 

This week was an interesting week. We don't have many investigators or even a lot of potential. I have never gone so long with people not stopping to liseten to me. One thing is nice is the super clean Russian. But we had the coolest miracle! So in third hour on Sunday a member walked in and said there is a man who wants to talk to us. We walked out and asked how we can help. I am not joking when I say the first words out of his mouth were "I feel like my baptism wasn't valid." We sat down and taught him the full first lesson. When we discussed the apostasy he said "Ya I am so sad that it happened." Then we talked about the restoration and he got really excited. He stopped us and said he is looking for the true church. I looked him right in the eye and said "You just found it." It was so cool. It was also really fun teaching with Elder Pace. It was our first time teaching an investigator. We were on the same page and it really just flowed so well. He has been so much fun to serve with. So this man's name is Maxcim. We will be meeting him on Tuesday so keep him in your prayers. 

So this area has had a lot of baptisms lately and it has been fun to work with the recent converts. They are all doing really well and seem to get a long great with the branch. We are hoping to seek some referrals from them coming soon. We are planning on doing a Mormon.org night because there are 5 of them that are in Russian right now. Then we want the members to make their own profiles so that we can hand out cards with their names on them. It should be really cool. We have a lot of good ideas flying around about doing a mormon.org table and playing the videos infront of our church. It should be really cool. I think that I remember our ward doing a night similar to this. I also want to ask if you haven't already done so you should all make a profile. It is super easy and you can send your friends to the site.

This past week I went on exchanges with an Elder Romney. Yed he is related to Mitt. He is his Grandpa's cousin. It was fun to serve with him. He went to airforce like a bunch of Elders in my NTC district so I made some jokes about that. I am also surrounded by Utah fans here. It is too bad especially since BYU hasn't beaten them in 3 years but what ever it actually doesn't come up much if at all.. This upcoming week is Zone Conference which should and will be awesome. I am really looking forward to it. 

There is a senior couple here who is really cool. Their names are the Colvin's. Elder Colvin did a portion in a combined district meeting about vision statements. He talked about how he ran a Hospital and made it into a premier Hospital just by using a vision statement. So here is my Vision Statement that I have been working on all week. "I want to be known by the Lord as a missionary, who as I taught by the Spirit, using strong language abilities. and teaching clearly, exemplified true charity, love, and respect for my brothers and sisters of Ukraine which effected every aspect of my missionary service in helping them return to our Father in Heaven." It may be a run-on sentence but it works for me. I have a bunch of new goals and action points to go along with it so hopefully it goes well.

Well thats is it about my week. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment