Hey everyone this week I got letters from dad, mom, Natalie, and Grandma Hoole. So I think I know what is happening. Everyone is thinking "oh Elder Quinn comes home in 4 months aka 2 years, so I will just tell him about everything when he gets home." Well let's not forget who the favorite brother is... haha love ya all.
This week was a pretty good week. I went on exchanges up in Suvorovsky. I have now officially served in every area in Odessa. I saw Vova on Wednesday and told him and he said I can now be called an Oddessan. It was pretty funny. He is doing really well and is hoping to get the Melchezidek Priesthood this month. I am super excited. It has been really fun to see him weekly. I need to find him a wife.
We had a way cool lesson with Olga after English and you could tell she really felt the Spirit. She came to church Sunday after saying she may not be able to make it. She really enjoyed it. We barely talked with her because she has a bunch of friends in the branch already. It is really cool. We are hoping to give her a baptismal date this week. She is so ready to get baptized. On the lesson she prayed and we helped her through each step like you would a little kid. Afterwards we told her how good she did. She seemed pretty excited. She needs to meet Vova, they would go great together :)
Maksim is doing okay. We had a lesson with him yesterday, and it was interesting. He has some different beliefs but says he knows the Book of Mormon is true. But he hasn't read it.... He said he would read all of it by Satuday but we told him he didn't have to do that, it is better to read and remember than just speed read. We will continue to work with him. He has met a couple of times with our branch president so we will see how to best help him. But he still really wants to get baptized so at least the desire is there. Andrei is kind of hard to meet with as well. We talked with him at English and he said it would be better for him to call us. He is really busy with work and said he doesn't know when he will get called in. We are hoping to find some time this week to meet him.
But this week was really good. We had 4 investigators at Sacrament meeting. One of them is a new investigator who referred us to his friend. They are both named Michael. The one who came to church really enjoyed it. We will be meeting with him this week as well. We have a lot of potential which is really good. I like teaching.
So in my studies lately I have really been focusing on teachig skills. As Russian becomes less of a problem I have tried to improve the way I teach. Specifically in commitments, then promising blessings, and also using scriptures better. I can tell that Elder Pace and I have greatly incresed our teaching abilities. We have been watching these videos from Salt Lake called the district. They are live videos of missionaries teaching investigators. They are normally used for training. But we have been watching them nonstop. I feel like I have learned a ton from them. There are some really good missionaries in them. It has been fun role playing a lot as well. We try to do one a day durring comp study.
Well that is it for my week. Thanks again for everything. This week we are doing the missionary night again. Hopefully it goes well and memebers show up.
Love Elder Quinn
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:
Post a Comment