Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Daniel in Cherkassy was baptised - I am working hard on my lesson plans - We are being blessed so much

Hey everyone thanks for the letters. I got them from dad, mom, Melissa, and Natalie. It is always fun to hear about how everyone is doing. It sounds like everyone is visiting everyone else. Keep having fun. 

So just to start out, missionary night was a big fail. We had more missionaries than we had members or investigators. I was actually pretty upset, nobody came from the branch presidency and our MCL came late. We had branch council this week and there are some things that we will change. I love this branch.  This week is district conference so President will be down here to train them. We also have Elder Calvin as a senior couple and he served as a Bishop so he knows what to do. We are going to bring him to the next branch council. It should be fun to tanslate for him. They had us over for dinner last night and we told him how it went and he gave us some good advice for if we are ever in a branch council and how it would run. I would love to see one run by you dad. haha

We have been brainstorming ideas to help the branch and we thought about doing a Book of Mormon History Night and just help our members understand the scriptures better like who did what and when. but we will see when the next time we host a missionary sponsired activity. We have also been looking at I'm a mormon dvds. There are now 5 or 6 videos of members in Russia and I have heard they are making some here is Ukraine. That would be cool to use. 

As for investigators we had 3 again at church with one potential investigator. Also a woman walked in with her daughter at the end of 3rd hour and she is looking for a church. She is really nice. One of our members took her around the whole building for a tour which was really cool. Makcim still wants to get baptized, he has a lot of doctrine in his head that we need to clear up first but he is a nice guy. We also had a cool experience where a man called us who Elder Pace and his last Companion contacted. We met with him and he said since the first meeting he had never felt the same and now he feels a lot better. He is super cool and way humble. Olga wasn't able to come to church this week but said she really wanted to. We have a good lesson planned for her so hopefully that goes well. 

Recently I have redone all of my study plans. I am really trying to push myself in the language as well as teaching. Elder Pace and I have made a really good effort to make our companion studies good. It has been really fun and rewarding as I can see we are being blessed so much. 

In other news, Daniel up in Cherkassy was baptized this past week. I was so excited to hear about it but was sad I couldn't be there. I will probably call him later today. 

Well that's it. Lova ya all.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment