So this week was a cool week. We have truely been led to the elect people. We have a lot of really cool investigators right now. I will quickly go through the list. D.... is awesome and is from English class. He is so excited about the Gospel it is so much fun to teach him because he eats it up. B.... is also from English class and we set a baptismal date with him for the 23rd of Feb. He is 19 years old and loves to meet with us. He has been asking a lot about serving a mission and seems to have some interest in it. He works on Sundays so please pray that as we comitt him this week to change work he will be able to do so. A couple of weeks ago I met a man while doing a survey on the street. (it is a finding activity). He is Jewish but doesn't seem too strong. We went over to him and he was really open and super nice. It was really interesting teaching him without a Chrisitan background. But he is really nice and really wanted to read the Book of Mormon.
Z... and L ... are the couple we met last week. They are super nice but were busy this week. We talked to him today and should be meeting on Thursday. They are awesome. We also have V... and N... We tracted into them in the coolest story of my mission. We walked out of the church and Elder Hinkson asked where should we tract. I said let's go down by the river. We went down and he said lets go to that building. As we were walking up the door opened up so we could get in. I turned to Elder Hinkson and said "I think we found the right building." We went to the top floor and the first door we rung a lady opened up and imediately started to shake her head. But after talking a little and asking some quetions, the next thing we know we are teaching a first lesson to her and her husband. It was one of the best lessons on my mission. They invited us back to continue. but again they work on Sunday's so as we try to over come that concern this week please pray for us. We also have I... who knew some members of our church in America. He said "Mormon's would give the shirt off their back if you asked them to." He is really open and he and his wife recently had a new born baby. He seems to have some things in his past that he wants to clean up so this will really bless his life.
Right now P... is going through a hard time. He has been praying and reading but not receiving an answer. The other night we talked with him and he sounded really discouraged. He said he wasn't sure what to do next. We told him about repentance of past transgressions and that seemed to hit a cord with him. We aren't sure what he did but it is really weighing down on him. We tried to set up with him but he said he would call us to meet. That is exactly what he told me and Elder Young. We aren't sure how to help him. He didn't come to church yesterday and we think it was just because he didn't want to. We believe he is trying to do it on his own. Please pray that he will be able to see the comfort that he can have through baptism.
Well that was a really big rundown of my week. I will just end with my testimony of the Book of Mormon. Elder Hinkson and I have really dug into the Book of Mormon and we have been finding some really cool insights. There is just no way that only one man could write this book. It is far too complex. I know the Book of Mormon is ture. I have seen how it changes people's lives and what a powerful tool it is. It truely was written for our day. There are things in there that can help us and comfort us in our tirals. I know it came from Prophets who were called of God. In the name of Jesus Chirst. Amen.
Love Elder Quinn
p.s. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment