Well this week was really cool. The Zone leaders were down on exchanges and it is always fun to work with them. They are some really good missionaries and i always learn something from them. This past week we set a baptismal date with D.... He is so awesome. He came to church this week and loved it. He couldn't stay for 2nd and 3rd hour because his brother was in town from Russia for only a couple of days. But he promised to stay next week. The young adults in the branch were all talking to him a ton.... mainly the young single women. It was pretty funny to watch how interested they were in missionary work all at once. his date is also for the 23rd of February.
B... is doing good as well but he couldn't make it to church this week. I talked with him last night for a little on the phone and this week we are going to think of some ways he can come to church. He said he really understands the importance of coming to church and really wanted to come but as they say here "I didn't have success." He said he may be able to work something out with his work to allow him to come twice a month. We will see how that goes. But he is awesome. He read in the Book of Mormon and really just understands it. He told us about Nephi going into Jerusalem to get the plates not knowing before hand what he would do. He said that's like faith right? We were like ya a lot of faith.
We met with I.... The first thing he said to us was "So you two want to make me a mormon?" By the end of the lesson he agreed to continue meeting with us and said we could help him quit smoking. He is a really logical and down to earth guy. It is really fun to work with him. Also A...., the one who is Jewish, we went over and read some from the Book of Mormon. He is really nice and open. But he goes out to his farm house a lot so that was unfortunate. The rest of our investigators weren't able to meet this week. I really don't like farm houses. Everyone goes there durring the winter. It is really hard to meet with people. But we have gotten a hold of most of them and they still want to meet when they are in Cherkassy.
I have been doing a lot of study on Charity and what it really means. One thing I have decided is a lot of people try to cover up charity with love. They are very similar but also have some big differences. I believe that charity truly understood leads to action. If we really have charity for someone then it is not enough to just say I love you. Service is one great way to show charity. But what I decided was as I develop true charity for these people, it means I will take every aspect of missionary work more serious. My studies will be better and more focused, I will desire everyone's salvation, and I will work with my whole "heart, might, mind, and strength."
On other news, D... the young man who is in Aaronic Priesthood with me is awesome. I want to brag about his amazing faith. He has come to church every single week I have been here and he is pretty much the only active young man. He reads the scriptures everynight. He is so reverent and quiet in class and sets a great example for A... the other young man. It has been inspiring to see his faith and love of the Gospel at such a young age. I am not saying I didn't have a love for this Gospel but I had a lot of friends at church that helped to make it more fun. The Young Women had a party this past weekend so in two weeks we are going to do a young men's party. It should be really fun.
Well I love you all so much. Next week is transfers so we will see what happens.... Hopefully I stay.
Love Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment