Hey everyone thanks for the letters. I got them from dad, mom, Melissa, Natalie, and Grandma Hoole. It is so good to hear from you. I hope you all got the letter/christmas card I sent out. So this week I found out that I am being transferred. I am pretty sad to leave this place. I have made a lot of friendships and I really love this branch. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to everyone. Especially the young men. I got a lot of pictures put up so I hope to do that at the church later today. I will be going back down to Odessa to serve in the Center Branch there. I have heard great things about my new companion. His name is Elder Pace and he was in Elder Hinkson's group so he is going into his 5th transfer. Elder Karadjov is coming here so replace me. It is pretty funny three of my former companions will be in this district. Elder Karadjov, Elder Hughes, and Elder Hinkson. But I am excited to be going back to Odessa. I will be able to see Vova everyweek at institue so that will be really cool. I was released as District Leader which is ok with me. I now get to write in my Journal at night. I really enjoyed the assignment but it was a lot of work.
This week was an ok week. A lot of the potential that we have had the past couple of weeks kind of fell away. But Daniel is awesome. We are meeting with him tonight with a recent returned missionary who is his age. It will be a good lesson. He has already read into 2nd Nephi. He came to church yesterday and stayed for all three hours and really liked it. The branch has really taken a liking to him. He is super happy and really outgoing. As for B.... we haven't been able to get a hold of him this whole week. He didn't come to church so we had to cancel his date which was really too bad. Hopefully After I leave they will be able to track him down. The rest of our investigators didn't really do much this week unfortunately.
Yesterday we stopped by a recent convert young man named K.... He is a good kid and is cousins to Daniel who I talked about last week who is awesome. We stopped by and I said goodbye to him. I am the last missionary to leave that was at his baptism. So I printed out some photos to help him remember. He is a good kid he just needs to pick his priorities. I have faith that he wil come back. I could see it in his eyes last night that he felt really bad and he had a desire to come. So hopefully he will.
This week I think I am going to focus on studying patience. I have never been impatient but I think I can improve so I am going to try to see how to be better at that. Sorry for the short letter this week. I am sure I will have a lot to write next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment