Now for my week. So we have gone by Larissa and Rano a lot lately and have had some opportunites to bear testimony. It has been super cool. We gave Rano a pamphlet about the plan of salvation and she said she would read it. Next time we stop by we are going to see if we can meet with them and begin to teach them again. I can feel some really good things coming from this. They are both really nice and want some answers and we have them. I pray for the opportunity to teach them everyday. It will also be nice because of all of the awesome sisters we have in our branch. Once they come to church they will definately be fellowshipped.
Vova is doing good. He came to family home evening last week which was super fun and awesome I took some pictures and I will put them up today. We weren't able to meet with him this past week which was too bad but we talked often on the phone and he is still reading and praying which is really cool. Also there have been some other Elders who have set dates for the 23rd as well so we are hoping that this will help him to feel more comfortable. This week we are hoping to meet with him as much as possible and to help him progress for next weekend. Next week our district leader and I will be on exchanges and this will be perfect for him to be interviewed. We are also going to invite his father to come the the baptism and hopefully that will get things going for him as well.
This week we did a lot of service for members and non-members. It was super cool. The members have really been grateful for all that we have done. I hope it builds some confidence in us so that we can start teaching their friends. We really need referrals. But a quick cultural note is that there are fruit trees everywhere here and it is totally normal to just pick what ever you want and eat it. There are berries and apples and pears and so many other things it it is super cool.
So on Saturday Elder Hughes through me a "Surprise Birthday Party" not sure how surprise it was when I am always around him haha. But he took some pictures and wants me to send them home so I'll do that. He is a really nice companion.
AS for the Mission Conference it was super cool. President Rasband from the Presidency of the Seventy came and spoke to us. It was seriously really cool. We all got to stand up and the beginning and shake his hand. He was such a neat guy. He talked about how we shouldn't get down on our selves and that miracles happen all of the time. He said he came to Ukraine 20 years ago with John Huntsman Sr. when the Iron Curtain fell and there were only a couple of groups, but now there is a Temple and a Stake. It was really neat. He also allowed us to ask him questions which was neat because ther were a lot of good questions asked. I wish I could talk more about it but I am short on time.
We then spent the day in Kiev and I'll put the pictures up of that as well. We slept in an apartment that was down the street from the soccer stadium and so we got to hear everything especially when Ukraine scorred. It was so loud and there were so man y people on the streets. It is nothing like Illichovsk.
| the mission conference |
| me by the world cup |
No comments:
Post a Comment