Alright now for some more spiritual stories. This one may not sound like much but it was an answer to my prayer. We were taching a less active member about prayer and I was focusing on trying to breathe because of my nose. I was super stuffy and could barely talk. I said a prayed in my mind to help me so I could at least bear my testimony. At that moment my companion turned to me and said how about you. I started by saying "sorry I can't talk right now" but then something came to me and it felt like some one was behind me and just said "Talk" so I did. I bore my testimony on prayer and as I spoke my nose and congestion gave me no problems. It was funny how I was telling him I have recieved answers to prayers and at that moment I had just received one.
Next, this story is about the girl that was baptized on Saturday. I'll start with the story and then give the challenge. So like I said last week, this little girl's parents are inactive but her grandparents have just come back into activity. When I told her grandpa that he could baptize her, he was so happy. So we went over on Wednesday to teach him how to do it. He was really nervous. The day arrived and it went really smoothly. When he pulled her out of the water he gave her a big kiss and I could feel the Spirit so strongly. Her grandma was so happy and I don't think she stopped smiling.
So here comes the challenge. But this one is going to be hard because it is for the rest of your lives. I want all of you to go to every baptism in your ward, even if you don't know them very well. The Spirit at Baptism's is so strong. We also see people make their first covenant. Just as we go to the temple to be spiritually strengthened, I believe that going and seeing baptisms can be strengthing as well. I was so excited to see her get baptized and it made me think about how awesome it is going to be when Dima enters into the waters of Baptism and recieves the Holy Ghost. This gift is one of the greatest things the lord has given us. It is a constant companion that will never lead us wrong. I was honored to be able to participate in giving this gift to her.
Alright well I love you all so much. Thanks for your awesome letters. Good luck this week Hannah your going to do great. Just be yourself and people will love and honor you for it. Well I'll try to send pictures right now.
Love Elder Quinn
This morning we went to a place called Battery 411. It is essentially a Cantigney in Ukraine. Just a bunch of tanks and boats to climb on. It was really fun to go on as a district. I have some pictures for that too so I'll send them now or maybe next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment