Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog
ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine
I honestly love these people...I want to understand them so I can see how to help them.
A few snippets from Elder Quinn's last letter...We found two investigators this week but one was while I was on exchanges so I didn't get to meet him. But ya yesterday no one answered their phones and we got kicked out of two apartment buildings. I think that I am out of the Honey Moon part of my mission and I am now in the rough waters. I really got tested this week on both patience and love. But I will prevail! I honestly love these people so much. I used to want to speak Russian so that I can talk to people but now all I want to do is understand them so I can see how I can help them. Grandma Hoole your poem you sent me couldn't have come at a better time. That's how I felt this whole week. I'm tired but I have energy. I'm sleepy but I can walk for ever. I'm weak but I'm strong. I don't know how it happens but it does.
 |
| The Port at Odessa |
Our second investigator has just dissappeared. Most of the men here are sailors and this is they time they go out so sea. The problem is they don't know when they are going until the get a call from their captain saying come down to the dock. They have to wait until they get a load of cargo but they don't know when that is. So our investigator who was home 3 days ago is now at sea for 6 months. So we have no way of contacting him. It makes it really hard because when we plan for a lesson with a man in our branch he says maybe depends on if I'm going out to sea or not. So we don't really know what to do with our new Investigator. But hopefully we will be able to get a hold of him in 6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment