Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"It looks like I am the only Elder Quinn"! :)

So now for the coolest experience of my life. So remember how I told you President Brown sat at our table and ended up knowing like half of our family and used to be the Mission President in Chicago. Well every fast Sunday he speaks to us durring what would normally be lunch. And before he begins he calls up two missionaries to bear their testimonies. My whole district was poking me saying "It's going to be you." I said "No way, what are the odds it's me?" But guess what.... it was me. I was so nervous I honestly thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. When I got up my legs were shaking but my district said I didn't look nervous at all so that was good.  So I started out by saying "Well looks like I'm the only Elder Quinn." That got a pretty good laugh out of the audience and it helped to calm me down. Then I went on to bear my testimony about missionary work and about the Savior. I think I did good because afterwards a bunch of people said I had a really nice testimony. But ya it was honestly the coolest experience of my life. I think I bore my testimony in front of over 3000 people. It was awesome.

Also, wherever I go people always stop my companion and ask if we can "Contact" them. It's pretty funny because so many people are interested in what Russian sounds like.

Talk to you from the airport

Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment