Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ ...(snippets from Chase's last letter)

So it was a really nice wake up call this week. I don't know Russian. Everything I say people always ask my companion to say it again which actually helps because they only stop to try to understand me then my companion talks to them. So we met with Dima again and he said he has accepted this as the truth and accepts us as the answer to his prayer. Which was awesome to hear. But he didn't read or pray about the Book of Mormon. He said he wants to finish the Bible first. We asked him to read it side by side. So two days later we met with him again and he still hadn't read. It was pretty frustrating. So again we asked him to read and to come to church. He said he would.

Right before church we decided to not ask him if he read but just to be happy he came to church and he did!! He loved it. The branch was so awesome. They all came up and talked to him. And one of the brethern came up and really connected with him. It was so cool. The only thing he didn't like was how much we sang. He said he's not good at singing. It was funny right before the third song he turned to me and asked "More singing" and I said "In this church we love to sing." Then I gave a talk about the Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I hope it helped Dima feel the importance of this book of scriptures. But ya for our next lesson we decided to really find out about his belief in God and Jesus Christ. Because people can believe in them but not understand our relationship with them. Unfortuantely his wife is not interested but he said he will try to talk to her. It would be awesome if we could teach the family.

So kind of jumping around but on Thursday we did some service for a lady in our branch.We went and dug up some trees for her (my favorite thing to do). Unfortuately I dug up a plant that she had been trying to grow for 8 years so that was bad. But in my defense my trainer and senior companion who I am supposed to obey... told me to. So we were both at fault. But she said not to worry about it. Then we went to her house and had my first authentic Ukrainian food. It was really good. She didn't let us leave until we ate like three plates full. I was so full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment