Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Specific prayers yield specific answers!


As for my week it was a rewarding week. I had the privilege to interview two people for baptism. It again was a very spiritual experience as I was able to hear their testimonies of what they have recently learned. Sergey was baptized on Saturday and U... was going to be baptized but couldn't make it. I am sure he will be baptized soon. It is so much fun to see the blessings of the Lord. 

As for our area F.... is doing well. He still wants to be baptized on Saturday. Yesterday it was anounced in sacrament meeting. He still has some concerns that will be tough to overcome.  He is really nice and the branch is trying really hard to support him. It has been great. Also yesterday President Shaparda announced that we will be doing a chain fast in the branch to get the 11 baptisms in December. That came from an idea from Elder Arndt as our mission is doing a chain fast for 200 by the end of the year. I love the power of fasting and prayer. 

So some really cool news. P.... came back from Brazil and we went over to look at some pictures he had taken. It was a good opportuinty to break the ice again after he had been gone for so long. Also which is really cool is he has set up with our branch President to meet with just him on Thursday and to talk. I have no idea why but I really hope it will help him to accept our message. Our branch President is seriously amazing! He has the coolest conversion story ever and he is such a hard worker. I love him so much. But we are going over to their house tonight and am going to talk about working better with the branch and also a little about P.... It will be really fun. 

Alright so I have a favor to ask from everyone. I have been studying prayer and have realized that specific prayers yeild specific answers. I really want to teach a family. I have not had an opportunity to sit down and teach a father, mother, and children. Please pray specifically to help us find a family who will receive this message. Couples are always the hardest to contact because one of them always keeps walking and pulls the other away. I haven't let a couple get past us please pray that we can find a family to bring into the branch. Thanks!

Well that is it for my week thanks again for everything!

Love Elder Quinn

P.S. I am looking forward to that Christmas package. :)

thewaywespeak.com
Elder Saens last day
We knock on everything!

Pin the tag on the missionary.   The youth loved it.
the freezer

Hanging food out of the window = extra freezer room 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING


No comments:

Post a Comment