Well we had another good week of finding but not a good week of meeting with those we found. As a total we got skipped out on 12 times. We only met with two of our investigators. It has been really disappointing. But we were able to get a hold of almost all of them last night and set up with them for this week. But one thing that was really disappointing was I called P.... and he feels that he doesn't need to meet with us anymore. He says that he only wants to meet when he has questions. I explained as clearly as I could what our goals are for him and why we meet with him. He said he understood but doesn't see the importance of it. But he will still come to church and read. Please pray specifically for him as we try to come up with a way to meet with him and teach him. He is so close he just has to take one step of faith.
As for our other investigators not a lot has changed as we didn't meet with many of them. But I want to write a little bit about what I have been studying in the scriptures. In 2 Nephi 29 Nephi talks a lot about other people that the Lord has taken from the House of Israel. We also see this in the allegory of the olive tree in Jacob 5. I have been thinking a lot about these branches that were broken off. Specifically where they were placed. I have noticed that in almost all ancient civilizations there is a building reserved for special worship. There are also certain ordinances involved in this worship. I have been thinking a lot about how close Ukraine is to Jersalem, and if you don't know this in most branches you can find all 12 tribes of Israel here. It is just super cool to think about.
Well thanks again for all of your letters. I love you all so much.
Love Elder Quinn
P.S. Mom could you send me some soup recipes. It is getting a little cooler here so soup season is back.
No comments:
Post a Comment