Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It is the Spirit that bears witness


So my week was a little bit better than last week.We found 6 new investigators by using different finding ways so that was really good. One of them is book tabling. I put up some pictures and there is one of Elder Young doing it. It is pretty self explanatory. It's a table with books on it. (It's a cup with dirt in it haha) but that seemed to do really good. 

As far as our investigators go not a lot has changed. We met with V..... and he said he read. We also met with V... but he is pretty tough to teach. When we first start our lesson he comes out with guns blazing. He always finds scriptures in the Bible that disagree with what we teach. Then we over come those and the Spirit comes into the room and he settels down. He is still not getting how important it is to come to church. He said he wants to know it is true so we talk about how if he comes to church he can receive an answer. We then invite him and he says he can't because he has his own church. So that was too bad. But it was cool we had 4 investigators at sacrament meeting. Two of which came from book tabling. 

It is all good to be finding new investigators but it doesn't help if we can't meet with them. P.... is doing good he is just busy. I don't think he fully understands the importance of our visits. I think he thinks they are just fun gospel discussions. We need to inform him that we don't just get together with him to see what he believes but to help him come closer to Christ by being baptized. So we will see how it goes. 

On Saturday we got a text from the Zone Leaders telling us about the new missionary ages. That is way cool. I can't believe that they changed them or rather the Lord changed them. I really think something big is happening soon. This weekend we get to watch  General Conference. I can't wait. Of course I won't have mom's cinnamon buns.... but maybe a snickers haha. Dad asked me which age if I was given the choice would I have picked. I think my mission has been too important to me to even think about having picked another time to come out. If you all remeber I had the option of going a transfer early but I chose not to. I am so happy that I followed the Spirit because there would have been so many things I might have missed out on or changed. 

So last week Justin wrote a story about how noise always seems to come right before a spiritual experience. I can relate to that very well. It always seems as soon as I am about to talk with someone and they actually stop, every bus in Ukraine drives by. I have found that asking the person to move over or even saying that this isn't the best place to talk so maybe we can meet another time. Satan tries hard to stop spiritual moments but as far as I have seen he usually loses. If we have the Spirit with us theres not a lot he can do to stop a sincere testimony. That is one of the best things about the Gospel. 

Well everyone I love you all so much thank you so much for you prayers and support. 

Love Elder Quinn

P.S. I put up some pictures of a Zoo we went to last week. They aren't like they are in America. Small cages for big animals. It was pretty sad.

Book Tabling
me with other missionaries 
A zoo we visited.  Small cages for large animals
pretty sad
very sad another small cage 




No comments:

Post a Comment