Hey everyone thanks for the letters this week I got them from Dad, Mom, Johnny, and Melissa. It was fun to hear about the family get together with out me haha.But I am glad you were all able to have fun. So question what is the population of Chicago? Pople have been asking me that all week and I don't know. That is so crazy that Brandon covered 30 wards. We have 6 missionaries in just this tiny branch. haha
So I am just going to start in on my week. It was pretty crazy and shocking. But I want to first ask dad how he works with the Ward Mission Leader. We have an awesome Brother serving right now and he is a really big help. We give him a lot of information right now but I am not sure that it is being passed to the branch President. What type of info do you get from him and what do you do with that info?This week was cool. Pavel came to church and was on the edge of his seat the whole meeting. He loved it so much. Elder Hilton asked him when he will be baptized and he said he would tell us. We are hoping to set a date tomorow with him for this saturday. We have prayed and fasted and felt that he is the one that the Lord has prepared for us to baptize in August. He is really cool and has come a really long way.Avram came to the baptism of Katya on Saturday and loved it. He turned to me and asked what he has to do to have that experience. I introduced him to our M.C.M. and they hit it off. Avram has a pretty tough time though. He woke up at 6 to come to the baptism and then again to come to church. He has no clean water and has to walk 5 miles to get any. Please keep him in your prayers. This week we are planning on picking a date with him as well. After sacrament meeting he turned to me and said this is so true! He also loves the Book or Mormon. It is super cool.As for our other investigators not a lot has happened with them. Our miracle from last week, we had to drop his date because he just disapperared. We have been calling him all week and he hasn't answered. Hopfully we will get a hold of him soon. A really cool young man came to gamenight. We had met him on the street and when we said ping-pong he perked up. He is super good haha. But he is really cool and has never really "done" religion before. He took a Book of Mormon and said he would read it.As for transfers that was the shocking part. On Friday we got a call from president informing Elder Hilton that he will be transfered to Nova D and that he will be District Leader there. He then asked to talk to me. He called me to be District Leader here in Cherkassy. It was a very humbling experience to know that the Lord has so much trust in me. It always seems that as soon as I get "comfortable" in missionary work. i.e. I think I know how to do it. The Lord pushes me even more. I really like this quote from Elder Hilton, "There is no growth in a comfort zone and there is no comfort in a growth zone." So Ya it will be a really cool experience to serve my district even more. I have a really great district. But I am so sad that Elder Hilton is leaving. He has been so much fun to serve with. He is a super good missionary. My new companion is Elder Young. And in fact he was in my district in the MTC. He is a cool Elder from the Marshal Islands. It will be a fun transfer.Well that is about it for this week. I will put up some more pictures. love you all!Love Elder Quinnp.s. we had peru night and it was a big hit. We made Chili and everyone loved it. I have a bunch of pictures from it.
Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog
ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine
Monday, August 20, 2012
District Leader in Cherkassy - very humbling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment