As for my week a lot happened. Elder Hughes and Elder Walker who Elder Hilton and I trained came back to do deregistration for Elder Walker as he took my place and I took his. Luckily I don't have to go back to Illichovsk to deregister. Although it would be fun to go back down there. But Natalie asked a good question of whether or not I can write to people I have met on the mission. I can, I send a letter to Vova down with Elder Hughes. Also he had brought me a couple of gifts from the memebers so I sent a thank you note for them. If the plan is still to have mom and dad pick me up then that is where we will go to church. :)
Now I will do a funny story and end with the spiritual ones. So Sister Chang met some guy who was drunk but wanted to meet so she passed him to us. We called him and again he was drunk but he really wanted us to come over. We told him to sober up and take a nap and we will be over in a couple of hours. I felt super good about going over because I thought it was his Spirit trying to get a hold of the truth while his body was intoxicated. So we went over and got into his front yard thrugh a gate. We should have left the gate open haha. Here is the conversation. He spoke in English and I spoke in Russian. Me: How are you. Him: bad. Me why. Him I am an alchoholic. Me well we can help you overcome that. Him I want to be.... to be sister Chang. Me wait what? To talk with her or to be her? Him she is beautiful. Elder Hilton let's go. We start to leave and he grabs my shoulder and says "No brother wait I am sorry" We quickly got through the gate and walked away but he starts to follow us so we start to run then he runs. Luckily he was still a little drunk so he gave up after a minute. It was so funny/creepy. We told the sisters that they aren't allowed to go to that area anymore.
Now for a spiritual story. Karil was baptized and confirmed this past weekend. It was so cool to see him and see how excited he was. He could barely sit down. Yesterday he also received the Aaronic Priesthood. He is so excited to pass the sacrament. He is a super good kid I am really happy for him. As for our other investigators. It was a tough week. P..... is still in Turkey but gets back this week which is good. We are hoping to set a date with him this week. I really want it to happen because he and Elder Hilton are really good friends And I want Elder Hilton to be here. We met with V...... and he has finally understood the Apostasy. People just don't get it. When we tell them that the authority of God was taken from the Earth and then restored through Joseph Smith. They think that that is how our church got our authority and that theirs got it from somewhere else. Finally he asked so wait my baptism didn't mean anything? And Elder Hilton and I were like yes but now you have a chance to be baptized by proper authority. He said "Ok now I understand why your messgae is so important." So that was a good turning point. We found one investigator this week his name is Sergei. We met him on the street and he said can we meet in 45 minutes at your church. He came we taught him the first and then he set up with us for the next day. It was pretty cool but his Russian isn't so good. He perfers Ukrainian so we had to work around that. But ya that's it for our teaching pool right now. We have a couple more but they can't meet with us for various reasons.
But one last super cool story. There is this lady who gardens in front of our apartment building. We have become good friends with her as we help weed sometimes. We came back from running and had a 45 minute conversation with her. We were a little late to personal study. Whoops. haha but we found out she has been to our church. So the next day we made some Bannana bread and left it at her door with a Book of Mormon. We came in from running this morning and she was out and called us over and said "Thank you so much for the book, I will read it. And you guys should come over on Saturday I feel like we should talk about this." It was awesome. Her name is Alla.
Well I love you all so much.
Love Elder Quinn
Russian phrase for the week.
Я хочу спать
No comments:
Post a Comment