Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Monday, April 16, 2012

We have a lot of great investigators


Hey everyone, first and formost Happy Birthday Mom. I hope you have a great birthday and an even better time in Florida. I am so jealous of all of you. It sounds really pretty there. This week the weather warmed up a lot but for some reason it got cold again today. As far as my language skills go. I feel really good about them. I can get out what I want and can understand most of everything people say. It usually depends on who is saying it and how fast. Last night was a cool experience, so long story short we have to register at every apartment that we live in from now on. This makes it so we don't need VISAs anymore. So anyways last night Loobimere called us from the office. He speaks no english and talks really fast. He started going on about where I have to meet his wife and what bus she needs to take and what we need for registration. I understood it all and still don't know how. Usually over the phone I have to ask them to repeat themselves if they talk for awhile. But everything went well. As far as the other Elders in my district I don't want to compare too much but some know more words but can't talk and some know the grammar well but don't know a lot of words. I put myself in the middle I know words and my grammar is getting better. I heard one Elder talk and it hurt me to listen too haha. But then one Elder is really good but he both lived here for 2 years and studied Russian at the Air Force. Funny stopy about him is that he is serving in his ward that he was in when he was little.

As for my week, it didn't quite pan out like I had hoped. Dima was too sick to even open the door and that was really scary. We have planned to have a member come over with us on Friday and talk about temple work. I hope to have him sign a paper allowing me to do his work if it doesn't work out that he is babtized. He is still really cool and told me that he is still reading the Book of Mormon. He is now in Helaman. 

For Vova and Oleg we met with them and gave Oleg the posters. It was way cool. Sister Kozakova (His wife) just said Wow and his step daughter was like nice job. He opened them and started to laugh and said so you think it is pretty important that I read huh? I was like ya I think it is really important. I really hope things start to progress soon with them. We have asked his wife how we can best help and she just doesn't know. She said she has been thinking about this for a long time. To be honest I think it has to start with his pride. The minute he gets down on his knees and prays he will receive an amazing answer because the Lord will see his sacrafice. We just need to help him to realize that. Vova is doing great. He comes to church and reads. I think we may ask to meet with him separately as well. I think he is close to baptism. 

So that is it for our investigators so far. But we have a lot of potential this week. We have a referral from another part member family of a younger brother. He has already had a baptisimal date but his parents didn't let him get baptized. Now he is old enough that his parents will let him. I hope to get him coming to church again. I also think this will help his less active older brother come back to church. It was really cool this week. We met with him, his name is Alex and he has expressed a desire to be a better person. He said he wants to go back to where he was right after his baptism. I told him to read 3 Nephi 11 and he said ok I will lets meet tomorrow. He had marked up some of his favorite parts and we talked about it. He also said "Guess what I have started praying again!" I was so happy to hear that. This young man is 23 and really loves American football. We have planned a time where we are going to toss a football around. He is a great kid who just wants to work hard and have a family. I hope his brother will help him to raise his standards. 

Well quick side story. An hour ago I got my haircut from a world famous haircutter. She is the 4th best haircutter in Eastern Europe and is also going to France to compete there. I feel like everyone of my hairs has been cut to precise measurements. She is in our branch and offered to do our hair for free. She just wants us to talk to her in English while she does it. Sounds like a good exchange for me. So ya that was for all of the girls to be jealous.

Alright mom I have some questions, what are some good recipes for hot weather. All we eat is pasta, rice, and potatoes and they warm us up too much. I want some cool recipes so that we can eat them when it gets hot. 

Well thats it for today, thanks for the great letters. You are always in my prayers.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment