Hey everyone thanks for the letters. So real quick mom, sister Finanko says happy birthday. It was so funny, I think I told her like a month ago that your birthday is on April first because she asked me when mothers day was but the translation is the birth of mothers day so I thought she asked for yours so I told her. After some clarifying questions I realized she was talking about mothers day haha. But she came up to me and said tell you mother happy birthday. It is good to hear that Cameron is going to Bolivia - Dad's mission wow. Too bad he is not going to Ukraine ha ha.
So just to clarify something from last week. It was my fault I didn't explain it very well. Alex is a less active member his brother is the one we are wanting to teach and his name is Nakita. They are a really cool family and it is so much fun to see them on the streets. Quick funny story. Nakita is a pretty big kid. He and his brother are really into working out. So he looks like someone you don't want to mess with. So one day we were walking and he popped out from behind a tree and starting to pretend to hold me up at gunpoint with his finger. Elder Hughes had never met him before so he got way scarred and almost ran. Then I pretended to fight back and then we both started laughing and the whole time Elder Hughes is freaking out. It was super funny. But we called him this week and all he wants to do is play basketball with us haha so we will see how we can change that into a desire to come to church.
On Saturday President Klebingat came down and gave us a "Specialized Training." It was essentially a Zone Conference but he is only allowed to have 4 zone conferences a year so he just changed the name so he can come down and see us. It was really cool he interviewed all of us and it was really cool to get some one on one time with him. He is such a great man. I don't want to be too prideful but he told me that I am a missionary he just doesn't worry about. He said I just know you are doing your best. It was really cool to hear because I really am trying to work hard and do what I can. I have been keeping him updated with Dima's situation and he said I am doing everything I can. He said after I get the sheet signed I should take a picture of it a and save it then he will take the sheet and hold onto it until I need it. Speaking about Dima we weren't able to meet with him and I am not sure why. He just said that he couldn't. It has gotten me really scared. We will be going over no matter what this week.
As for more on the Specialized Training, it was really cool. It was all just about getting more faith. He has asked us to step it up and work miracles. It was really neat to hear about what we can accomplish if we are worthy Priesthood holders. So therefore I have begun another study on faith. It is such an interesting concept. If you want more then pray and ask for more. And there are two parts of faith. It can work miracles and it can also cleanse us. I am just striving to be more faithful.
As for our other investigators, Vova is doing good he continues to read. Also he came to a baptism on Thursday and really liked it. He has come to church almost every Sunday so this week maybe tonight or some other time we will be extending a baptisimal date. I believe he is ready. We also hope to have a date with Dima this week. That makes two which would be so cool. I believe it can happen. Oleg is doing good. He meets with us but he just doesn't want to read or pray which is aggravaiting. We have had like 4 lessons on the need to read and pray to receive an answer. We think that if Vova gets baptized it will really show Oleg that we are serious about this. Also it would be cool to get Oleg to his baptism.
So another quick funny story, On Saturday night we were talking about whether or not they have April Fools jokes here and if they do how do they say it. The next day at church sister Finanko comes in and says Elders look outside there is a bus that flipped over. I was like no way so we ran to the window and she yells hahah April Fools. The actual translation is "with the first of April." it was super funny.
Well that was my week this week. Thanks again for all of the letters, they give me so much support. I love you all so much.
P.S. Mom as far as my package, peanutbutter would be great also put some koolaid packets in. We found a bunch in our apartment and then we drank all of them. Also you can be as creative as you want :)
No comments:
Post a Comment