Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Miracles Happen Every Day - Advice from Mom

Dear Chase,  

WOW!!  What exciting news!  You are staying in Illichosk and are going to be a trainer!  You will be great!  I am so proud of you for turning towards the Lord to find strength and answers.  The Lord is truly blessing you!  You are seeing miracles everyday and miracles have been promised to you through President Peterson's blessing to you.  Every letter from you we see miracles in your life. 

When Pres. Klebingat said that one day there will be a stake in Odessa, I thought again how miracles happen everyday!  You may already do this, but if not I think it would be wise to record in your journal each night, "the miracle of the day".  I had a "miracle of the day" journal  a few years ago, as I wrote in it, I found it amazing that there are miracles everyday.  We just have to watch for them.  Watching for miracles increased my faith so much and also made me feel so much gratitude.  I took some photos last Spring that reminds me that miracles happen everyday.  Here are the photos:  The 1st one is of my rose bushes in April of 2011,  the 2nd one is of my rose bushes in May of 2011 and the 3rd one is of my rose bushes in June of 2011.  

April 2011
May 2011

June 2011
I am not much of a gardener anyway, so to see my new rose bushes from that last summer looking like dead twigs was upsetting. I didn't have much hope for them to ever look beautiful with blossoms on them again.  Well, it happened!  My rose bushes bloomed and looked beautiful. Something that we take for granted every year - a tree, a bush, a buried tulip bulb...comes back to life in full bloom after the dead of winter!! It truly is a miracle.  

1 comment:

  1. Mom,

    I loved this post. What a great reminder to have patience and watch for miracles. Along with keeping faith! I am sure Chase will love this letter. Thanks for keeping up this blog. I always look forward to reading it!

    Love,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete