Read this letter in order and don't look down. Well I will really quickly say thank you for the letters. It sounds like everything is going great. Congrats to Katie and Dave on the new house. And Hannah just keep your head up. Your friends will see your example and be very impressed. I know it's hard but there is a reason why you are there at that time. Mom I am glad you got my letter. I was afraid it didn't get there and Dad that is so cool that you get to watch a basketball game in "the garden" from the box, have fun.
So that night as you can imagine I didn't sleep too well. I just kept thinking about situations that might happen that I won't be able to fix. So the next morning I decided to study Humility. It was one of my best studies I have had so far. I started out with a sincere prayer for help. I told the Lord that I am not ready to train but that obviously He is. I told Him I really need help. I went on to study Scriptures such as Ether 12:27. I decided that I have a lot of weaknesses that need to be made strong. I also ready in Alma about Ammon, my bro, gloying in God's power. I ended my study prayer and really asked again for the Lord's help so that we can accomplish what he wants done. That day I was able to communicate and understand better than ever before. It was a direct sign that the Lord does hear and answer our prayers. So this morning I studied in the General Conference issue of the Ensign. Thanks again for sending that. I read two talks that really stood out. The first was "It's better to look up." At this time that is something I really have to do. The second was "Waiting on the Lord:Thy Will be done" again this is something I have been trying to focus on. The Lord knows what's going on and what is going to happen in my area way better than me. I have to let him do what he wants.
Well now for my week. To answer some questions I don't know how Dima's son is doing he is really young and may not know what is really happening. But for good news. Dima said that they are going to get married. He said that if things get better he wants to give his girlfriend a proper wedding but if not then they will just sign the papers. I don't think things will get much better. He is now using two crutches. But I hope to meet with him and set a date on Saturday.
As for Oleg and Vova. Vova thinks we are weird and doesn't know why he has to meet with us. So we will have to work on that. Oleg though as come a long way. He held his own Book of Mormon for the whole lesson and even said amen at the end of the prayer. He had never done that before. He says that he can't read because the writing is too small, so I had a distinct impression to make poster boards with an entire chapter on it. I don't know if he will actually read it but maybe it will show him how important he is to me. I am going to pray and see which chapter I should do. Hopefully it's not too long. haha.
As for Bulgaria this week. I am only there for three days and then I come back. We only go once in a mission but we are going really early for some reason. Usually you go at your year mark. We are also going before a lot of other older groups. So we will see how it goes. I can't wait for it because they have a Subway there and really good Chinese food. So I will probably eat a lot. And I get to see my whole district from my MTC group which will be really fun. It should be a cool couple of days. they say its the closest thing to a vacation we get as missionaries. I forgot my camera to computer cable so I'll put some up next week. I'll be sure to take some pictures in Bulgia and obviously of my new companion.
Well thanks again for everything. I love you all a lot.
Love Elder Quinn

No comments:
Post a Comment