Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Missions can be discouraging, but don't worry I am staying positive.


Hey everyone thanks for your letters this week. I love hearing from all of you. Don't worry mom I am staying really warm. President has made a new rule of no sweaters without suit coats also I got some thermals last week that keep me really warm plus it got a lot warmer this week as far as weather goes. As far as transfers go they will happen in two weeks so I will find out then if I am leaving.


Dima's heath is poor and things are not looking good.  I have a few questions about the temple and temple work.   

Well this week was interesting. We found 4 new investigators but all were dropped before the week went out. Oleg tract's wife became one but when we called to say we were still planning on meeting with them that day she said "It's ok you boys don't have to come by anymore." Our other investigators all ditched our meetings and won't answer our phone calls. Oleg and Vova are at an interesting place. Oleg's wife sister Kazakova came up to us on Sunday and said "Look you guys are going so good with my husband he has made amazing progress but he doesn't like when you ask him to do things".  She said we can come by and teach her while he listens. That goes against everything I have been taught as a Missionary. We have been told to make bold strong committments and to promise blessings. We asked her how she expects her husband to progress further if he won't read or pray, she said he is just not ready.

The only people who will listen to me!
We had a big throw down lesson with Cylvester and his dad last night and really hit them hard.  We have tried to be nice and be friends but now we just need him to keep the promises he made at baptism. One thing good about it was his dad really started asking his son some good questions about his testimony. At the end we told them we loved them and that we want the best for them. I really hope everything works out.

So as far as our investigator pool it is more a investigator puddle with just Dima but that is how it is in our whole district. In fact we are the only ones with an investigator who will meet with us. This week was really hard. I'm just tired of starting over all of the time. I can handle when people reject us on the streets or when they dog us on our lessons but I hate it when people have potential and then they stop meeting with us. It is just so fustrating. We are really starting from square one this week and we are not sure on what we should do. We have talked with the same people on the streets two of three times and we just aren't finding legit people. 
The street we tract on 

Same street, but at night
This letter is a little more depressing then most of my letters but don't worry I am staying positive. Actually I have been working on a speech that I want to give on a bus in front of everyone. I heard of someone do it in Kiev and they got a baptism from it. We will see how it goes..... haha. 

Well that is about it for my week this week. Thanks again for everything. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment