Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dima is an amazing person.

Well first I'll say I am so happy for Natalie and Johnny that is such awesome news. So far my predictions are coming true. So thanks again for all of your letters. Iy really sounds like you are all doing really well which makes me happy. Dad thanks for that great quote, he is one of my favorite speakers. Also Hannah there is a song that you an learn to the tune Praise to the Man, that is what helped me. Well again I am so excited about the new baby keep me updated of course.

So as for my week it was pretty cold. Not a lot of our investigators wanted to meet with us so we had to drop a couple of them. I really hate doing that but We can't waste time planning for them if they won't meet with us. Now for Dima. He is such an amazing person. The news came back bad, the cancer has spread to his bones and the doctors are not super hopeful. They gave him some medication and said they will check him in a month but health care isn't the best here. I am really worried. I'm not sure how things with his girlfriend are going because this sickness is taking first priority obviously. He still comes to curch even though I can see every step he takes hurts and he still pays tithing and fast offereings and he is not even a member yet. He is so cool. I just want everything to work our for him.

Vova and Oleg are doing pretty good. They really like having us over and have been participating more and more on the lessons. This past week we had one on prayer and what it really is.  We are going to talk about Alma 32 next time and say all you need is a desire to know if these things are true. I hope it goes well. Usually we meet with them every monday night but the said they couldn't meet today so I hope we can find another time.

Well thats it for our investigators. Although we did find one this week named Oleg (there are only like 12 Russian male names haha). But I will refer to him as Oleg tract because we found him while tracting. We were walking around and Elder Karajov asked if I wanted to go tracting. I said for sure so we picked a building and went. After 4 floors of no success we came to Oleg. He was smoking and we started to talk to him. We asked if we could pray with him to bless his life and to help him. He then asked if we could pray to help him stop smoking. We were like ya absolutely! so we prayed with him and set up for Tuesday. He took a Book of Mormon and said he would read the first chapter before our meeting. He was way cool.



Cylvester is not interested in coming to church.  It is pretty disappointing.  We are sad about this.

On other news Elder Karajov was called as second councellor in the branch presidency. That is going to be so good for him. He is no doubt going to be a branch president when he goes home after his mission. But this also means that my time in Illichosk will most likely come to an end after this transfer. It makes me really sad because I love it here and I have really felt connected with our investigators but I am ok with moving on because I know other Elders will continue to do well here. But of course I may stay here I may not. Apparently there are 27 news misionaries coming in next transfer and the mojority of missionaries are in there 4th or 6th transfer. We have a really young mission.

Well thats it for this week. Thanks for all of your letters and congrats again Natalie and Johnny. I am so happy right now.

Love Elder Quinn

P.S. I found some thermals hopefully they work.


No comments:

Post a Comment