We ran into this guy and he was really excited to know more. We prayed with him and he said he felt something. It was so cool. We got to our apartment to drop off some things and he called us and said hey can wqe meet right now. We were like Ya! So we met him at the church and began the lesson. As the lesson progrssed I could feel the Spirit slipping away. But I couldn't figure out why. Then his questions became attacks and instead of nodding his head he began to shake it. I could litterally see this man's heart hardening. He started get hung up on things like the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then at the end he said ok well I'll call you and actually can you cross my number out in your planners? And lets pretend we never met. Woah, I couldn't figure out what happened. It was so crazy. In less than two hours he became an investigator and then dropped. But he wasn't very smart because we still had his number in our phone. But I don't see us calling him anytime soon.
Oh one more story. Mom I found your new best friend. She is a sister in our ward named Sister Finanko, she reminds me so much of you. She has been trying to get us over for food for about a week but we were always busy. Finally she called and said I have Borsch on the stove and I can't eat it all so you better come over. We went over and all she could talk about was her son on a mission right now. He's in Moscow and just left the MTC in France. She showed us pictures and told us all about him. It was so nice. Then she made us eat like three bowls of Borsch and then some noodles and some weird cold hot dog thing. But it was good. She just made me laugh because she if I feed you then maybe someone in Moscow will feed Volva, her son. It was really nice. When we offered to give her a spiritual thought she ran to her room and grabbed her Book or Mormon and quickly ushered us into the family room. It was awesome.
Note from me - In case you wanted to know... :) Borsch is a traditional dish that is made in Ukraine and Russia. Here are the main ingredients:
Cabbage, beets, sausage, carrots, potatoes, tomato paste, spices. Sometimes it is eaten with sour cream on top. It sounds pretty healthy, but I am not a big fan of beets and cabbage. It sounds like Elder Quinn really likes it. Okay, now back to Elder Quinn's letter...
Well thanks for all of the letters. It is so great to hear from everyone. I love you all so much. This has been the coolest month of my life. I love being a missionary and just recently I have really found out the difference of going on a mission and being a missionary. They are VERY different. Going on a mission is easy, but being a missionary is hard, difficult, and challenging, but at the same time really rewarding. I am so glad for my trainer Elder Wells, he really makes us get work done. There is no time for us to rest and sometimes no time to walk between meetings. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here in Ukraine. It's almost scary to think that I have been in the counrty for a month already. It went too fast. But I guess that's what happens when you don't have time to look at your watch.
Just something quick, I have yet to remember my head hitting my pillow. I get up off my knees after praying, then the next thing I know the alarm is going off. It's great, I've never slept better in my life. Also if you want to lose weight, come on a mission to Ukraine. I think I've lost 15 pounds already.
Melissa I got the pictures you sent by mail. Last night we had a fun game of guess which baby is which with one of our part member families. They loved the pictures. Now that I believe they can make it here everyone should send more. :)
Well thanks for all of the letters. It is so great to hear from everyone. I love you all so much. This has been the coolest month of my life. I love being a missionary and just recently I have really found out the difference of going on a mission and being a missionary. They are VERY different. Going on a mission is easy, but being a missionary is hard, difficult, and challenging, but at the same time really rewarding. I am so glad for my trainer Elder Wells, he really makes us get work done. There is no time for us to rest and sometimes no time to walk between meetings. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here in Ukraine. It's almost scary to think that I have been in the counrty for a month already. It went too fast. But I guess that's what happens when you don't have time to look at your watch.
Just something quick, I have yet to remember my head hitting my pillow. I get up off my knees after praying, then the next thing I know the alarm is going off. It's great, I've never slept better in my life. Also if you want to lose weight, come on a mission to Ukraine. I think I've lost 15 pounds already.
Melissa I got the pictures you sent by mail. Last night we had a fun game of guess which baby is which with one of our part member families. They loved the pictures. Now that I believe they can make it here everyone should send more. :)
![]() |
| Isaac and Andrew Black - two of Elder Quinn's nephews |
Love you all, Elder Quinn


No comments:
Post a Comment